1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Max HD Mod for PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Arcarna, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Arcarna

Arcarna Member

This weekend I installed a 250GB hard drive into my PS3, turned it on, formatted it and off I was running. The system recognized the drive fine and after format total space came to 132GB. But you all the know the story about GB ratings and true capacity. Just thought I would inform the community of the mod and the highest HD mod I've seen so far.

If you have any other mods for the PS3 (originally 20GB) reply or PM me.

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

not shure what that is lol, i have a 120gb in mine and i can use like 109gb or somin close to that, it should only be a few gigs off the total size lol.

3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

friend of mine put 750 in his thats damn near a tera of storage space i wouldnt mind putting 120 in mine if i could find a good deal on one

4. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

You shouldn't have lost that much though - thats over 100GB's.

5. Arcarna

Arcarna Member

Sorry... I meant 232GB. I must have hit the 1 on accident. And as far as a 750GB, I have one hooked externally but I'm talking about an in case mod running a 250GB... and the total price for the drive after shipping was only $210.00. Not that bad considering that Sony decided to utilize notebook HDs versus 3.5" HDs. I read somewhere else that there is a 300GB that will fit in case but you have to sacrifice speed due to the the 300GB being a 4200RPM and the WD HD I have is a 5400RPM.

6. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

You must be referring to Fujitsu's 300gb hard drive, I haven't been able to find any retailers for it so far. Who did you get your Western Digital Scorpio from?

7. Arcarna

Arcarna Member

I got the WD from newegg.