1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW MAXELL MEDIA IS BAD

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by MRSMOVIE, Jan 1, 2005.

1. MRSMOVIE

MRSMOVIE Member

I just bought a spindle of 15pk of maxell dvd-r. The code on this media is MXLRG03. This seems to be a new brand. I have tried to copy some of my burned dvd's and got burn error failed. I got that error from my 1st 3 tries. I thought it was my comp or burner so I used my memorex which code is prodisc, and they worked fine. I haven't had any problems with my memorex even though other people said they had problems. Memorex is a 2nd class media and pretty cheap. I bought the maxell because they are 1st class media but this is a new code media. Has anyone else used the new maxell yet? I had bad experience with them so far!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

MXLRG03 is a new one on me too. Sometimes with new media types the drive makers need to update their firmwares to burn them to their full potential :)

3. MRSMOVIE

MRSMOVIE Member

So are you having problems with this media also?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I haven't used it myself. I was just remarking that I hadn't heard of that media code till now.

If you have access to other burners you might try some test burns in them to see what happens :)