Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dbldown11, Feb 15, 2005.
Well Im sure they will just keep trying, and trying but DVD Decrypter will probably be able to get around it in no time.
Rotary has a couple of articles on RipGuard. It's suppose to put a stop to 97% of the rippers out there and be out mid 2005.
Here is a couple more:
http://www.macrovision.com/company/news/press/newsdetail.jsp?id=Thu Nov 11 16:50:07 PST 2004
why waste money all the while.. bring prices of retail dvds down and there be no more pirate dvds
well a friend also sent me this information below
I read that also but if you look at where it came from, it was just a member of that online forum where the original article was posted suggesting that;
[bold]future news report:[/bold]
That Decrypter will be able to handle it. I hope so to but this is not fact at this time. This is just wishful thinking.
yeah probably. But heres what i figure, it has to be compatible in a home dvd system, so they can only do so much. It would be different if it was like an xbox game with the encryption built-in the drive and hardware as well.
And anything that can be read, someone will figure something out i would suspect.
I would agree with that. They said up front that it would slow down most ripping programs to such a degree that it would make it highly unlikely for someone to even want to attempt to copy in the first place.
But they also said that it works 97% of the time against ripper programs. Hummm, where would one get the other 3% of programs that still will work?
they allways say things like that, arcoss protection .. copied a film allready with it on, sony put protection on but also sell equipment and media for you to copy it... its just money money money
boing boing baggies baggies
what every happens software or hardware give it engough time and i will be cracked. There is no way to stop it this is a endless cat and mouse games when somethings becomes to easy to pirate to canage it to limite the number of people who have can use it.
"we have to lost this battle but the war is far from
its not over think of ArCoss protection... done before it was out
boing boing baggies baggies
My understanding of Ripguard is that it merely prevents the VOB's from being copied onto your hard-drive. DVD players don't do this and therefore won't be affected. I would expect "on the fly" dvd copiers like RecordNow Max to be able to circumvent this protection, but of course you would need to seperate drives to be able to do this.
We should never worry about these things. Didn't anydvd beat the acroos sony encryption the day before it came out?
THE OTHER 3%? JUST ASK LIGHTNING_UK! HE'LL TELL U
p.m me lighting_uk info
How about RCE Protection?
Couldn't find lighting_uk
Tried to back up Skycaptain and Hidden Tiger
ISO file couldn't be found with Dcrytpter on Hidden Tiger?
Skycaptian Backed up,but no sound on Movie,preview had sound?
RCE protection has been a dead duck for long time now, all of the copying programs take it in their stride.
Sky Captain will back up successfully, sound and all, with the latest version of Decrypter.
in answer to chazbmwUS , lightning uk - is the author of dvd decryptor. ps Sky captain as far as i know had zero funny protection, shrink sailed thru it (uk version).
True.sky captain no probs Crap film tho
Separate names with a comma.