1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Media?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by aleitz, Apr 11, 2005.

1. aleitz

aleitz Member

Anybody heard of Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation DVD+R 8X Media? According to the website, "For those buyer looking for high quality Japanese DVD+R 8X look no further than the trusted Mitsubishi name. Contains Media ID Code: ID : MCC (Mitsubishi Chemical Corp)".

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Verbatims from Taiwan, Japan and Sigapore. Even the DL discs.

3. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

The made in Taiwan Verbatim 8X DVD-R on sale at BB last week were MCC02RG20. Appear to be impecably manufactured. Even dye, no excess glue, no rough edges. The price of $19.99 for #50 was good for Verbatim 8X.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

MCC are reported to be good discs. I've used a few with no problems.
    You burner should support them but you'll need to check the specs. If not check and see if there are any firmware updates for your burner.
    Check out BBMayo's post on different media:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/179380

5. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i use quite a lot of verbatim media coded MCC003, these were the first dvds i started using before coming onto AfterDawn to find the high success rate with the Taiyo Yudens, this was my only reason to switch. i still use them to this day when i have something important to back up, i've had no problems in the past w/ MCC media. they are a top notch manufacturer as many on here have stated, i am just confirming this truth. you should have no problems with them, regardless of where they are made. Verbatim is pretty reliable whether it be from Taiwan, Singapore, Mars...etc. hehe :)

just my 2 cents

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

MCC-003-Made in Taiwan: I highly favor the verbatim data life plus +8x's. Just started using the same code on the full hub printables. Again,they are performing as good as the non-printables using both my benq's and stand alone home burner.

Aleitz, if you can get them for the same price as StanH100 posted,then gobble them up.But don't leave your burn settings at max. They will burn at 12x in both my benq's.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

MMC (Mitsubishi Chemical Corp) Top Of the Line media without a doubt!

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I forgot to add,The verbatim data life plus also has Metal AZO dye!!!!!!

9. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

as saugmon also noted, Metal Azo is THE way to go...MCC is definitely TOP NOTCH as bbmayo noted as well~

i've read about a memorex clan, how bout a MCC/Verb clan too? they would be each other's nemesii (trying to make "nemesis" plural and nemesiseseseses didn't sound right in my head). :)

have a good one