1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New mem stick won't save

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Greed0, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Greed0

Greed0 Member

i bought a used 1gb new mem stick at gamestop. i can put music, photos, and video on my psp but it cannot save my psp games. when i go to 'Saved Data Utility' the psp freezes unless i hit O.
    are there anyways to fix it or should i return it?
    EDIT:
    Formatted card but still no.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  2. k_o_m

k_o_m Member

I'd just take it back.

3. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Upgrade your Firmware to it's highest available. If you're OE, 3.40OE-A. If your M33, 3.52 M33-2. After upgrading, deep format it in Windows and then in the XMB. If you're already running the latest version, and assuming it installed perfectly, you may have a bad PSP. If you're using a custom XMB, try recovering back to 1.50 and upgrade to the latest from there to ensure the flash files intact. Try using 4 or 5 different games. Try using 3 ISO/CSO games and 3 actual UMD games if you have it. If it fails on both, you're gunna have to return the unit to where ever you bought it. As always, never send it to Sony.