1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new member, Aladdin Live Help, not a newb

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by xxxecutor, Nov 18, 2004.

1. xxxecutor

xxxecutor Member

Hey everyone,
    I have been here for a while browsing and so on, I made a purchage of an xecutor 2.6 for my xbox and I got it working fine and great.

Now my buddy wants me to install him a chip. I ordered an Aladdin Live. He has an XBOX version 1.6 ( not sure if its 1.6a or b. I will soon enough though ;)

The mod chip came with the programmer but no wires? I did some research on my own and seened that I need to go get some 30AWG wire. My question is how many do I need?

I want to install this chip with the pin header. Would I only need 1 wire to connect the D0. or do I have to solder ther L2, L1 and the BT.

Thanks any help would make me a happy man ;)

2. xxxecutor

xxxecutor Member

can anyone help me out at all

3. hockeyfrk

hockeyfrk Member

Yeah, you'll need to solder into all of the points. I've read somewhere that if you just want an "always on" connection, you can ignore BT and L1, but don't take my word for it. As for the programmer: waste of time. Just make a CD-RW and flash it true evox or something.

4. xxxecutor

xxxecutor Member

thanks,

I knew the programmer was a waste, i have a evo/xecutor bios ready on a cd rw

thanks for ur help.

also it will work on 1.6 version xbox right?

5. hockeyfrk

hockeyfrk Member

You'll have to check with who you got it from about the compatability. Some do and some don't. I know ALL Super Aladdin Lives work, but some regular aladdin lives work too.