1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member, need help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ethan0032, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

I have a 2.71 ta-082 psp. Brand new. Dont wanna brick it. I have a friend who will help me back up my games, although I would like to play the ISO/CSO off the mem stick. I know I need devhook. But which version. Can i play ISOs with no emulation. Just load my mem stick games, and thats all? All help is greatly appreciated

2. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

If at all possible, do not want to downgrade. Wondering if I can just load dev hook and how, ad play ISOS

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well what you want do to is possible but many if not all newer games won't work the the latest version of DevHook. Better to just downgrade to 1.5 and upgrade to a OE firmware. I can walk you through that process, in fact I just recently downloaded my 2.71 TA-81 PSP I bought from WalMart with no problems.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  4. sk8flawzz

sk8flawzz Regular member

i would also recommend downgrading to 1.5, and then going to 3.40OE-A
    because devhook might not be able to do newer games

5. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

i just hate these videos where people havet to start their psp like 20 times before it works, can you email me man, and help would appreciate it...ricky23maria@yahoo.com

6. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

Also i heard no one should down grade a ta-082

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

There is a problem IDstorage keys getting corrupted. But there are fixes for it already release. So there really isn't any reason you shouldn't downgrade.

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah all the kinks the early OE firmwares had have been worked out, and now it is just as easy as installing a official sony firmware. And in relation to your statement on downgrading a TA-82 that is/was true for earlier firmwares but with the 2.71 TA-82 you can safely downgrade. Ill post a downgrade walkthrough in a second...

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Unfornutately I am in the process of reinstalling windows and really need to finish it today. So until my rig is back up and running I uploaded a walkthrough and all the files you will need to downgrade a 2.71 Ta-82 PSP. Get it here...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wfilo2

Also I just realized I forget to include the 1.5 update so heres a link to that file...

Firmware 1.5 Update

10. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

This is to downgrade totally to the 1.5 ...how do i get it to 3.4 oe or somethign

11. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

I also see alot of people having problems with 3.4 and ISOs, is it really that bad?

12. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

Couple of questions, I was downgrading. Do i make an Update folder for the UPDATE.PBP file? If i do that i get corrupted data. No where here do i see the hen d file...do i download that or what

13. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

please someone help, i cant even see hen d on my photo options, if i can call someone to walk me through, i will send ya a gift lol

14. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

- Double Post -

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  15. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

You need to get to firmware 1.5 to get to any custom firmware. Once your at firmware 1.5 I'll help you get to a custom firmware.

I have custom firwmare 3.40 OE-A and honestly I have never had any trouble with any of my iso's. There are so many variables you can't believe all they say; they could have a bad iso, improper PSP settings, possibly don't have a iso that does
    not work with the "No-UMD" option.

okay from your memory stick go to the PSP folder, then to the Game folder, from within the Game folder make a Update folder. The corrupted data icon is regular it doesn't mean you actually have corrupted data, it is just a common occurence with how the homebrew works and this downgrader is homebrew thus you get the "Corrupted Data" icons. For HEN-D after putting all the folders in the correct place go to the photo menu and enter the HEN D folder. The PSP should reboot itself, now go to system settings and check your firmware version it should be 2.71 HEN-D.

Ill post a walkthrough in a sec, I would've done it earlier but I was busy.

16. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Okay I am going to give you a complete step-by-step downgrade guide w/ pictures. First format your memory card so that we start off with a clean slate. Okay before beginning make sure your battery is charged to at least 75% and that your charger is plugged in.

Files needed to downgrade a TA-82 or TA-86 2.71 PSP...
    TA-082 2.71 Downgrade Files
    Firmware 1.50 Update

1) Unzip the 2.71 TA-82 downloaded files and copy all files to the root (topmost folder) of the memory stick.
    **NOTE**-If you are unsure of what the "ROOT" of your memorystick is I included the picture below to illustrate.

2) Rename the file labeled"EBOOT.PBP" to "UPDATE.PBP" (do so without quotes). And copy the file into X:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE\. Were X is your memory card.

3) Now exit to your PSP's home menu and run HEN-D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN-D folder.

4) Go to the GAME menu and and run 1.50enabler

5) When the program exits back to the XMB run UPDATE X.YZ

6) When your PSP has finished downgrading press X to restart your PSP.

7) When you turn your PSP on there will be a blue screen, Press O.

8) You should now be at firmware 1.5! Congrats :)

17. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

problem is I do not have a hen d folder under photo, what did i do wrong

18. ethan0032

ethan0032 Guest

pea, can you email me ricky23maria@yahoo.com

maybe we can talk on the phone to get this working or something

19. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah no problem, Ill email ya now.

20. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member