1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New methods of Copying

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Trom, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Trom

Trom Regular member

Thanks to this forum and its helpful members I have been happily burning my DVD's to DVD -R media without issue using DVDDecrypter and DVDShrink(when needed) and in the process producing very good quality copies indeed. Lately I've noticed mention of another method of burning DVD's(DVD9) using DVD Rebuilder and CCE Basic. To me it would seem that using this method is a bit more involved and indeed difficult than the decrypter/shrink route. I am wondering why ppl would use the CCE route, does it produce noticeably better quality copies or what exactly are the reasons to use it over decrypter and shrink.

2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

good question trom, i'll wait for the answer myself for i have heard about this RB/CC as being the best way interm of quality.

3. wild77

wild77 Guest

There is now an installer for Rebuilder that comes with a couple of free encoders.Set up is very easy and yes there is a difference in the quality when using CCE Basic.

Here is the link to the Rebuilder installer give it a try.
    http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org//modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=14

Here is what to look for,make sure to get the version with the installer!!!

DVD Rebuilder 0.80beta PR - for now (jdobbs)
    QuEnc 0.59beta2 (Nic)
    ReJig v0.5e (Nic)
    HC Encoder beta 0.12a (Hank315)
    ECLPro v0.27 beta (Robot1)
    RBOpt v0.17 beta (Robot1)
    RB Loader v0.2 beta (Nic)
    Decomb521.dll
    DGDecode.dll v.1.1.0 (automatically putted on your AviSynth's plugging folder)
    Help File
    MPEG2Dec3dg.dll v.1.0.1.0 (automatically putted on your AviSynth's plugging folder - use it only if you get any problems with DGDecode.dll)
    UnDot.dll v.0.0.1.1 and Deen.dll v.1.0 beta 1 - many beginners have contacted me for the location of these filters so I decided to include them on this package (automatically putted on your AviSynth's plugging folder).

It will create on your Window's Start menu a Group called "DVD Rebuilder" where you'll find important shortcuts that will help you to use DVD-RB.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2005
  4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I have to agree with wild77. I used to think dvd shrink 3.2 with the quality enhancements was the cats meow and doubted that it would be worth while spending money for any backup software. That was before I tried RB/CCE. I can't tell any quality loss when compressing an entire dvd9 to a dvd5 with RB/CCE and there is definitely a loss in quality with shrink, especially when compared to RB/CCE.

For a good quick backup, I sometimes use DVDCopy3. Although the quality is not quite as good as RB/CCE, it s still better than dvd shrink and about twice as fast as both.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

DVDRB/CCE are the best combination for making backups. I'm just amazed every time I watch a movie now.

Setting it up does require some configuration, but after the first time it's pretty simple. I definitely would recommend these programs.

6. Trom

Trom Regular member

Thanks guys, I'll give this a go when burning my next DVD. Just to be sure I'm doing the setup correctly let me know if this is correct:

1. Download and install AVISYNTH(ver2.55 from www.doom9.org).
    2. Download and install Rebuilder(from the link as supplied by wild77 above).
    3. Download and install CCE Basic.

Is that all I will need and does it matter in what order I install the 3 different apps.

7. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

hi squizzle. can you name the tools i need to set up rebuilder. obviously rebuilder/cce basic(how and where i get this one). just name all the applications i need and where and how to get them.

thanks a lot.

8. wild77

wild77 Guest

The list is in the post right before yours

Here is the link for Avisynth 2.55 Make sure t o install it first!!!
    http://www.doom9.org/

And the link for Rebuilder with the installer

http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org//modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=14

You can use a couple of free Encoders instead of CCE until you learn how to use the program.

The CCE basic trials won't let you encode a whole movie, the SP trial will

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  9. gatlin01

gatlin01 Member

I use DVD-RB/CCE, and like it alot with the movie quality I get, even though it can take couple of hours to rebuild a movie but its worth it.
    I just recently purchased the CCE basic for $58.
    One thing I like about DVD-RB is that you can batch a couple of movies, i mean decrypt to 2 or more movies onto hardrive and setup the program to batch those movies and rebuild them while your asleep or away from computer.
    And if you like the program (DVd-Rb) just donate $10 if you want to Mr. Jdobbs. Then you will be put onto the email list of getting the pro version and not the freeware.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

11. Trom

Trom Regular member

Got all the apps I needed and using the guide(squizzle post) I completed my first DVD, well nearly. I ended up with 2 folders Audio_TS and Video_TS. Now I know the Video_TS folder containing Vob, Bup and Iof files is the one I need to burn the DVD. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't use DVDDecrypter to burn the DVD so what would you reccommend I use and would I need detailed instructions to do it or is it straight forward enough.

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

What burning software came with your burner? Mine came with Sonic RecordNow DX and my other burner came with Nero Express. If you have either of these programs, or something else that can burn dvd files, that should be all you need. Burn everything in that VIDEO_TS folder.

If you don't have any software that can do this, you can run it through DVD Shrink and have it make an ISO and burn it with Decrypter.

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can use Nero to burn the DVD. If you need detailed instructions check out the guide at my website link is in my signature.

14. Trom

Trom Regular member

Nero worked fine, Thanks.

One other question that has me a bit puzzelled. Reading some of the guides about RB/CCE I noticed in the options/setup of RB some set a path others to Decomb521.Dll others mentioned Mpeg2Dec3dg.Dll or even another DGDecode.Dll. Whats this about, do all the above Dll's fufill a similar function and if so why one above the other.

15. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Yes, they all have the same function. Some people claim one is better than the other, but I haven't played around with this enough to really be able to tell a difference. I use DGDecode.dll, I'm satisfied I guess.