1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new modchips for new wiis???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bckwld172, Jul 4, 2007.

1. bckwld172

bckwld172 Member

Does anyone know if there are any (or soon going to be any) modchips that work on the newer Wiis, you know, the the ones with the new Panasonic GC2-D2B chipset. Three of the legs on the chip are cut off. I bought a Wiikey and when I went to install it I discovered this problem. Please help, this is frustrating!!

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Wait for the Wiip v. 2 to be released.

3. Menion

Menion Regular member

I was curious myself about that, after looking up the Chip it appears Team Xecuter is responsible for this one, Unfortunatly they have proven to be more than slow with releases in the past if released at all they are always claiming they are doing something new and nothing arises, Anybody know of any other developers out there with a new chip on the way?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

All Modchips can still be installed on a Panasonic GC2-D2B chipset.

You just have to do a little modification to the Panasonic chip.

D2C chipsets are the chipsets that can not be modded at this time. (As of now there are no Modchips that have been released that are compatible with the D2C chipset.)

Since you have the D2B chipset all you need to do is shave the top of the chipset down to reveal more of the pins that where cut. Below are a few links that give examples...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/517095

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/6/504907

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  5. bckwld172

bckwld172 Member

Thanks! Someone told me that the Wii disc drives are sold alone and that I could just buy one and swap them out. Has anyone ever heard of this?

6. funman1

funman1 Member

Not I

7. bckwld172

bckwld172 Member

Well, I tried to file down the chip where the cut off legs are, but they are so small it looks like the only way to solder it is with a fine tip iron and I don't know where to get one. Also, isn’t it dangerous to file down the chip like that, I mean, my Wii still works, but I'm just scared that if I go any further with it it might damage it. I will try to take a pic of it this weekend to show what it looks like.