1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new movie backup problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shady78, Mar 16, 2005.

1. shady78

shady78 Regular member

ok ive got a problem i just recently 4 new movies and was trying to back them up and i cant get my dvd rom to recognize the disks or dvd dycrypter or dvd shrink its like the disk isent even there but when i put any older movie in lets say one that was released in january of 2005 reads fine every other movie i own and its a lot of movies all read fine is there some kind of new enycryption in the dvds any how any thoughts here are the movies im having trouble with
    1. collateral
    2. saw
    3. sponge bob square pants movie
    4. raise your voice

2. Goonerz

Goonerz Member

It could be ur drive..I have backed up Collateral and Saw (both region 2 discs), with dvd decryter and shrink...worked fine!! try again. rip the main movie to ur hd, then run thro shrink, and burn with decrypter....

3. shady78

shady78 Regular member

how can i rip them to the hard drive if the computer if the drive isent even detecting them but when i put an older dvd in fires right up maybe my burner doesent support reign 2

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

if it was region-related you would at least get an error. (i'm in uk so region 2 here). collateral as far as i know has nothing clever going on plus i ripped it no sweat. just gave up searching for 'saw'; you'd think the film makers would think up decent film names for us to search for!!; i vaguely recall that SAW is arccos protected. if so dvd decryptor should slap thru it. i can't get hands on spongebob as it won't be out here for ages (damn), and don't think ive heard of the last film.

Anyway.....you got an odd problem there, to me it seems like Collateral should have been recognised easily.. daft question but for now can you use ure dvd burner to rip em while we're all thinking of more solutions....

5. RedBiskit

RedBiskit Member

I just backed up Collateral last night and burned with Decrypter this morning. Worked fine for me.

6. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

Pretty unique problem. Not sure on that one.
    I can sit here and tell you that I burned each one of these movies with no problem - all region 1. Spongebob and Raise didn't even need to use DVD Decrypter. Collateral needed to be burned at 4X. Saw went right through. Not that any of this helps you.
    Kids loved Spongebob, Creaky, you don't know what you're missing.
    Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the drive? Perhaps try a reboot with the movie inserted in the drive? It's worked for me in the past

7. creaky

just checked, i was right, Spongebob isn't out here 'til mid May (holds back the tears).I'm more looking forward to Magic Roundabout (no release date yet). i dunno who looks forward to films, the kids or me; hang on......... it's me :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  8. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

I had a unique problem that may or may not help. I had my computer for about a year when right in the middle of games that I was playing, the game would just stop. My drive was not recognized in My Computer. I rebooted and sometimes the drive was there and sometimes not. This went on for awhile and finally I disconnected everything and opened up the case for the first time ever. Low and behold the data cable to the drive was only partially connected. I was getting interminent working then not working. It either worked its way free from vibrations or was not secured properly at the factory. Got my fat fingers in there and pushed it in and has been working fine since. After all this hot air I guess I'm saying is check your connections.

9. Tim79

Tim79 Member

Hi Everyone, I am new to all this but please bear with me. I had the same problem with a disk that i was running about a week ago. Tried it in both internal drives DVD Rom + DVD Writer. for some reason i could not get them to recognise the disk. I Tried it in the external writer which is a liteon and it recognised it imediately. The next day i opened the computer and checked the cables and they were connected fine. A friend who is a technician told me once about DVD players that there is actually a fault with them that some will not read say 1 in a million disks. Don't know how true that is but maybe it could be the same for Rom's and writers.

10. acedogg68

acedogg68 Member

i'm new to this.i have been backing up dvd's ...up tp 10 so far. no problem using dvd shrink until this week.all of the attempts now result in skipping or lagging 3/4 of the wat thru.i have tried all off the settings. i dont know what else to do! can someone tell me what to do?

11. acedogg68

acedogg68 Member

i tried different dvd+r's, sony and hp. i downloaded "anydvd", and dvd decrypt.i tried just the main movie. you name it , i tried it! and still when i play the backup or " burnt" dvd , i still get lagging toward the end or at least 3/4 way thru the dvd. i'm losing it! lol. i got a bunch of movies that i want to back up.

12. acedogg68

acedogg68 Member

HELP!! LOL

13. creaky

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  14. shady78

shady78 Regular member

i figured it out my damn dvd drive was dirty and need cleaned im such a moron oh well at least it isent junk