1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New movies problem.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by dundee77, Apr 5, 2007.

1. dundee77

dundee77 Member

After sky changed the movies and renamed them i re booted my starview box and scanned as normal, all was fine but i only get 2 movie channels now, sky dram and sky comedy, all the others are asking for pin, are these problems going to last long or are we losing them . . cheers.

2. annie1963

annie1963 Member

I came on here to ask the very same question. Lost all but 2 channels this morning. Have we lost sky sports 1 as a matter of interest too.

I look forward to any replies.

Annie

3. reeves2k2

reeves2k2 Member

try a factory reset and autoscan it should pick them uo

had no probs with mine yesterday just rescanned altough 3 of the new movie channels and sly sports 3 and extra changed transponders today

also the new movie channels which say they require a pin when you scan the box it should come back with the oringinals with the pin and a hid version of the channel which doesnt require a pin

i also have been shocked that the epg on my box works with the originals and the hid channels apart from sly movies drama hid

4. annie1963

annie1963 Member

found them all. I entered them in the bouquet (sp) My brother talked me through it as I'm a technophobe and it worked. Cheers.

5. dundee77

dundee77 Member

I tried scanning and resetting my box but still the same, would it make a difference if i deleted the movie channels before i auto scan . . ( i hope) :(

6. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

I'm having the same issues. I've done a rescan and it's picked up the new names, but it's still asking for a PIN number?

Any ideas?

7. bemused

bemused Member

I get them, then they disappear again, mr B is busy these days

8. reeves2k2

reeves2k2 Member

what boxes are you guys using?

the starview requires a factory reset then full auto scan to pick up the new channels and you get the pin request channel and a hid channel

not sure about dbox but im sure it would be the same sort of thing reset then autoscan

9. andylxxl

andylxxl Member

if the movies channels ask u 4 a pics just look tho ur list and u will see SMpremhid like that so they all start wiv SM,, the only one that dont have a pin is sky family ok,, that means the epg its not workin on the SM channels dammmm!!!!

10. KnewBee2

KnewBee2 Member

I'm using a Sagem DBox II with 1XI chip, with the Commando Image.

I didn't do a Factory reset (is that just holding the "Up" arrow whilst powering on?)

Would that help, or is a new image the answer?

11. annie1963

annie1963 Member

you have to add the channels which means typing them in word for word into the right boxes. I did that in the movie bouquet bit.

12. dundee77

dundee77 Member

Cheers folks, finally got them, done the factory reset then re-scanned, i then deleted my movie channels and re-scanned again and presto . . the other thing i had to do was turn my epg on manually to pick them up . . Cheers . .