1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW MPAA ADVERTISEMENT!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by CKY_2084, Mar 13, 2005.

1. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

I just rented FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX today and soon as I put it in the first commercial was from the MPAA.
    It says YOU WOULDNT STEAL A CAR..... YOU WOULDNT STEAL A PHONE...... YOU WOULDNT STEAL A HANDBAG, then it shows some pirated DVDS and says buying pirated DVDs is STEALING and then it goes on with this new rating RATED I ILLEGAL FOR ALL AGES. I thought it was funny they put money into a commercial like that. It was mostly aimed at DOWNLOADING movies which is dumb anyways. What do you guys think of that new AD.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Well, they stopped showing MPAA ads at the cinema.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Actually, buying pirated movies isn't stealing. You just bought "stolen" material, which really isn't stolen.

I don't care how they look at it, it's not stealing.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I wonder how many people they actually introduced to pirating movies?

5. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

I used to steal cars, phones, and handbags. I have turned over a new leaf since I had a short trip. But lets see would I steal from rich, greedy, penny-pinching propagandists? HELL YES!

6. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

I'm with jacsac on that one, plunder and pilleage I say

7. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Read this article about the same message that was played on OSCAR Night....

You know what else it said...."well, now, you just created a bigger problem, because for those who DIDN'T know how to get movies illegally....you just showed told them how."

After reading that, I just shook my head, laughed, and went for a shot of jack daniels....slowly muttering to myself....what a bunch of morons!

8. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

The same ads are in rotation also in Northern Europe, which in my mind makes them even more hilarious. MTV Nordic airs them constantly, forgetting the fact that in (afaik, but absolutely at least in Finland) all Nordic countries, downloading movies for personal use is completely legal and supported by the legislation and blank media levy..

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is it that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing??

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

They are just telling everyone that didn't know about pirated movies that they are out there for sale if you look for them. Like the TV shows that tell you how to crack a safe, hot wire a car, (and like my old line of work) how to build your own little nuke in your basement or garage. Then they wonder where everyone gets these crazy ideas. Makes you really wonder about the people running these companies responsible for showing ads and giving instructions on the wrong kind of information.

Jerry