1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new onlite dvd burnerSOHW-12135 12X

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by back618, Feb 7, 2005.

1. back618

back618 Member

I bought this drive because I have 2 other of the same brand that I have used for several years. When I use this drive it reads the dvd and when dvd xcopy asks for the blank disk the computer reports that a blank disk is in the dvd writer but the start never comes on. I took the drive back and got another one, with the same results. Tried updating the bios, no help this model just seems to be a dud. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Did you install the driver after you installed X Copy?

By the way, you should have asked this question in the here: http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

3. back618

back618 Member

dvd xcopy was already installed when I put in the new dvd recorder. DVD xcopy recognizes the drive.

4. back618

back618 Member

The program DVD xcopy platinum recoginzes the drive and was installed alread when I installed the new dvd writer.

5. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

I dont remember the reason for the start not coming on. You have to go through a bunch of crap to get X Copy to work right. I have version 4.0.4.15 ripper free fixed to be a ripper but I do not use it. It is a pain in the ass.
    If you want the answer go to http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

Better yet download DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter both are free. They work great. X Copy will never be updated. I would move on.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005