1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PC build for chrismas

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sploge, Nov 11, 2007.

1. sploge

sploge Member

These are the specs of my new build i am looking to make for chrismas.It will be my second build ever!My last build was an amd so now looking to try out an intel set-up
    I have already bought the psu and the motherbord.Just wondering what you guys think of the other components.Any sujestions or comments or changes i sould make?
    O and i will be using it for gamming and a bit of photo editing.I am also lokking to overclock the machine a bit

ASUS P5KC AiLifestyle Series iP35
    Thermaltake ToughPower W0117 750W
    also got the 50Scythe Katana 2 cpu cooler

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 1333FSB
    Antec Nine Hundred - case
    Seagate 250GB Hard Drive SATAII x2 (don't need to much more storage as i have a few externals)
    Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 x2=4gb
    Sapphire Radeon HD 2900PRO 1GB GDDR4 or Sapphire HD 2900 Pro 512MB GDDR3 Graphics Card or EVGA 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 (not to sure on the 3d card yet but these are all in the same price range)

Just want to say aferdawn is a great site and i have learnt so much from here in the last year.

2. AXT

AXT Guest

the 8800GT is probably a better choice than any of those two cards. The HD 3870 and 3850 are due on the 19th of November. Those MIGHT be better than any of the current cards for that price point. Also the dual cores are not even worth it anymore and are slowly going to be phased out. Stay with Quad cores if you can. AMD's Phenoms, (also released on the 19th of November) from what i heard are going to be very competitively priced, but since you have bought you motherboard already that option is out the window.

3. sploge

sploge Member

Thanks for the reply,I was just wondering what the performance of 2 8600gts's or 2 radeon x1950pro be,the only thing with the radeons is that it would only be dx9.

4. AXT

AXT Guest

Don't even bother. One $300 DX10 card will suffice.