1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new pc

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mrstring, Mar 11, 2007.

1. mrstring

mrstring Guest

not to sure if this is in the right section, so sorry in advance if its not.

time for a new pc and i found this one on ebay, just like to know of somebody with more knowledge than me if its good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=270094159575&rd=1&rd=1

im not to sure if i should get a 64 bit machine, im thinking of putting vista on it, would it be ok for vista without being 64 bit?

thanks

2. aDcleaner

aDcleaner Member

I would look else where. They show an AMD 4200 w 4.2GHz but it a 2.2GHz chip. Also Intel has no 5.6 GHz chips

3. AXT

AXT Guest

Whoever this is they don't know what they are talking about. Pentium D 2.8 GHz does not equal 5.6GHz total. Not to mention thet have two different hard drive sizes anounced 50 and 80 GB. One PCI express? is it 4x, 8x, or 16x? No windows, you will need to spend at least another $150 in order to puchase an OS.

If you want a cheap dual core solutiogn go for a machine that has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor in it, it has consitently beaten out the pentium D in benchmarks. And make sure your machine has at the very least 1GB of ram.