1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Petition. Please visit and sign!

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by wilkes, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

signed it.. 67 when I signed..

2. numero1

numero1 Guest

I'm on it, thanks

3. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

4. goodt

goodt Member

I'm on it. By the way, in the petition it says:

You may want to change the "nor" to not.

5. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

oops!
    thanks for pointing that out.
    I'll try & change it right now.

Interesting, is it not,how Sony are encouraging users to break the law with the Mastering bundle in the new VAIO range, with an app designed specifically for running tapes & vinyl into the system. I guess they get around it by use of the word "Archiving", as this is about the only exclusion in UK law as it stands.
    The old one about only a single copy for personal use is also obsolete.
    It's a criminal offence these days, as you do not have the right, even under fair use legislation, to create a copy.
    It is an "infringing copy" accordingto the 2003 regulations.

Welcome to "New" Labour Britain. It seems that George Orwell is only going to be a few years out.

Look out for the new EU laws going through, that will give the Record Companies entry rights to your homes to seize your property & freeze your bank account. Onus of proof will be on the accused, not the accuser.

6. suep6

suep6 Member

You have my support and my signature.
    Good luck with it.
    I'll email it around here.
    Suep6

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Well I don't think that will fly here in the states - If you don't believe that someone won't get shot here trying to "Kick down our door" You don't know Americans very well -

"Gee Judge, I don't hear that well, people started trying to break in to my house, I thought it was a home invasion and so I just let loose with a couple of 30-round clips." "Ooohh you mean because I downloaded 2 Beatles songs they were coming into my house to take all of my electronics - my DVD Recorder, Computer, Digital tape recorder, my 3 VHS machines and my Digital camera and my 2, 35mm cameras ? But why my cameras ? Ooohh, I see, when I took that picture of my dear old Grandma, she was holding a copy of time magazine and the cover was copyrighted and couldn't be reproduced. Sure, I understand, you want to remove my eyes too because I might remember things I've seen long after they've left my field of vision. Sure, go ahead and take those silly old eyes, I didn't mean to infringe - "

8. paremall

paremall Member

count me in

9. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Look out for the new EU laws going through, that will give the Record Companies entry rights to your homes to seize your property & freeze your bank account.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I don't think that will fly here in the states - If you don't believe that someone won't get shot here trying to "Kick down our door" You don't know Americans very well -

"Gee Judge, I don't hear that well, people started trying to break in to my house, I thought it was a home invasion and so I just let loose with a couple of 30-round clips." "Ooohh you mean because I downloaded 2 Beatles songs they were coming into my house to take all of my electronics - my DVD Recorder, Computer, Digital tape recorder, my 3 VHS machines and my Digital camera and my 2, 35mm cameras ? But why my cameras ? Ooohh, I see, when I took that picture of my dear old Grandma, she was holding a copy of time magazine and the cover was copyrighted and couldn't be reproduced. Sure, I understand, you want to remove my eyes too because I might remember things I've seen long after they've left my field of vision. Sure, go ahead and take those silly old eyes, I didn't mean to infringe - "

ScubaPete
    PLEASE do not make the elemental mistake of assuming this will not apply over in the US.
    I have a letter from your government about this. Email me offlist & I will send it to you.
    It does too mean you. Don't stick your head in the sand.

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ooohh contraire, my friend, I’m not for a second putting my head in the sand, anything but - My little story was written as a parody. Theses laws may well be passed here but be forewarned, the resulting events may well happen as I have written. It could happen right here - under my own roof. I for one will not permit anyone, no matter what clothing they wear, to violate my sanctuary when I have caused no harm to another. I say, for the sake of a song ? As the result of an anonymous phone call ? You don’t know me very well but I haven’t risked my life for the sake of defending freedom to have some %$*^@ attempt to walk in my home and attempt to take that which is mine -

Do you doubt my resolve ? Think again -

“P”

11. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

I did not doubt your resolve one bit.
    What I was trying to point out was that they will turn up not on their own - when have you ever heard of people like this doing their own dirty work. THey will just get warrants, probably behind your back, and the first thing you will know will be when the local sheriff turns up with a truck.
    That's all.

12. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

signed!!! We need to stop this as sson as we can and be heard!

13. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Im signed

14. Nebula

Nebula Member

Done that, thanks for the chance to speak out.

15. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Just signed it. Thanks for the heads up!

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I'm in. Just joined this forum but signed as soon as I saw it. Is this 1984? Coulda swore it was 2004. Thanks for the heads up and let me know if anything else comes up you need a voice to speak up for when it concerns individual rights.

Last edited: May 24, 2004
  17. goonville

goonville Member

Signed, #105.

18. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

signed #112

19. lewis44

lewis44 Guest

Signed, What are they playing at ?
    Im sorry it just don't make any sense

20. flip218