1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Pre-Moded PS2 Doesn't Work, Help!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dzil, Sep 9, 2004.

1. dzil

dzil Member

I'm hoping someone might help me with this issue. I seem to have terrible luck with video game consoles lately. I recently purchased a premoded (with Magic V5k6 chip) PS2 online and everything was working great until today. All of sudden it wont play any games at all, whether they are copies or originals, it just takes me to the Browser screen. I don't understand what happened. I only had the console for a little over a month and I have no idea what could have occured to cause this. Can anyone shed some light on this problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. biglog9

biglog9 Member

one of the wires could have come off.
    open the ps2 and have a look.

im not sure but is that chip a no solder chip?
    if it is then those chips are known to blown fuses.

3. dzil

dzil Member

it's a soldered on chip. I bought it already premoded so that I wont have to do it. I don't even get any errors, it just takes me to the Browser screen.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

did your pre-mod ps2 come with a waranty? have you contacted the company who supplied you ps2 to see if they will fix it

5. dzil

dzil Member

The premoded ps2 came with a 30 day warranty. I did email the company, they are located in Canada, they said to ship it back to them and gave the address. Hopefully the shipping won't cost a lot and they will fix it and ship it back. Thank you for all the replies!!

6. nivek41

nivek41 Member

What company did you buy it from?

7. dzil

dzil Member

I bought it from www.modchipworld.com. I hope they are honorable and will send me a working ps2.