1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW PROBLEM WITH DVD SHRINK

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvdripdvd, Dec 2, 2004.

1. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

I'm trying to BACKUP! The Bourne Supremacy and when I do [bold]"DVD Shrink encountered and error and cannot continue. Program error - exception occured. The paremeter is incorrect,"[/bold] comes on. I tried backing up directly from the dvd and I tried decrypting using DVD Decrypter. DVD Decrypter rips it just find except the file is to big to burn on a 4.7 GB DVD. Does anybody know how to fix the problem.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

DVD Shrink generally does not handle ripping as well as Decrypter. So if you have already done the ripping to HD with Decrypter, you may use other programs that can compress files (such as Nero) to burn.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

How did you get Bourne Supremecy early?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you have it on your hard drive just open the files in shrink and reauthor and shrink it there. then you can burn it onto a blank DVD using Decrypter if you ripped it as an ISO or Nero if you ripped all the files. What mode did you use in Decrypter to rip the DVD to your HD?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Burners Nec 2500A
    Pioneer DVR 105

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  5. askyew

askyew Regular member

He has alot of pull in the hollywood circles flip!! bbmayo is right, decrypt in file mode then open the file with shrink and compress and burn.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Wish I had pull :) ... Good movie, I have to wait till tuesday :-(

7. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

I know somebody at "Lackluster" Video.

8. askyew

askyew Regular member

9. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

I'm not totally familiar with the "Re-author" option so a little description will do wonders. The weird thing about the Bourne Supremacy is that when you shrink it, the video oddly repeats over and over again with a guy in a yellow shirt and green shorts jumping back and forth. It kind of looks like Matt Damon but I can't be too sure (*note to self-lay off the alcohol*).

I just found a way to fix the problem. When you choose to backup the dvd, you go to the "quality settings" option and choose "compress video with high quality..." and choose the default option and it should compress as normal, well almost normal. What normally takes about 20 mintues to compress now took over 2 hours, so it looks like you might have to wait awhile

10. askyew

askyew Regular member

I only use the reauthor feature when backing up the main movie only. This greatly reduces your amount to compress alowing for faster shrink times with better quality. Anytime that I back up the complete movie with extras I use the quality setting.

11. reflexusa

reflexusa Member

ive noticed that a couple of times decrypter does a fine job but shrink gives me an error towards the end of the burn using nero. it happened with bourne, door in the floor, i robot, harry potter azkaban, spidey2, of the ones that i can remember. has anyone noticed that towards the end of some of the burned discs that the pic becomes digital garbage, its really trippy to look at!!!!
    I love getting those pre-releases, nice clean discs to rip ye from!!!!LOL, thank you easter bunny!!! XD

12. VWrpm

VWrpm Member

I just had this same problem and the good folks in this forum explained how to fix this. You need to go into the "unreferenced material" folder and reduce the clip with the running man to still frames. This worked perfectly for me.

13. zippin

zippin Member

i had the same problem. 3 times it gave me an error. 4th time it worked. i have 2 back-up dvds now. incase my copy goes bad ;)

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I got Bourne Supremacy to 87% using re-author in shrink and taking out all the extras. Using AC3 5.1CH english for sound. It came out perfect. Perfect enough for me I can't tell any difference in the back up and the original when I play them threw my 60" LCD TV :). I didn't even use Deep analysis or quality enhancments. Here is the proggys I used
    DVD Decrypter to rip to my HD
    Shrink to reauthor so it will fit on DVD5
    Copy2DVD to burn it on my blank Prodisc DVD-R x8 (I burned at x4) white inkjet printable
    Then I printed a cool cover on my disk using my Epson Photo R200..
    I'm Happy :)

Good Luck all
    bbmayo

15. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

congradulations [bold]bbmayo[/bold] you're an inspiration to all black market vendors who are out there for the people. we all sincerly appreciate you.

16. reflexusa

reflexusa Member

creepy... i thought my bro was the only one makin high quality gfx on disc, i was still trying to figure out how they got the screen ink to dry before it absorbed into the data layer...
    um,... hahahaha lol

17. reflexusa

reflexusa Member

my first copy of i, robot got pixel freaky at the end, so i took the copied file and shrink'td it again to 93% of the copied file size, now it plays killer!!!
    p.s. see species 3, it rocks!! dudes and dudettes.

18. XPIDER

XPIDER Member

i try to use decrypter but still give me an error can somebody give a step by step how to back it up

19. XPIDER

XPIDER Member

o.k this what I do, I launch decrypter then click on the DECRYPT icon it would get to 42% or so then an error message pops up. I don’t know what to do. Am I doing something wrong or how can I go around that. i did what ASKYEW mention " decrypt in file mode then open the file with shrink and compress and burn." but when i try to opened i cannot.
    Sorry about the double posting this is my first time posting a message.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  20. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

I'm not totally familiar with your problem but my professional answer to your question is that your screwed.