1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW PROBLEM WITH DVD SHRINK

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvdripdvd, Dec 2, 2004.

1. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

let me reword that. which dvd are you trying to decrypt? have you tried cleaning the disc. i usually get a cup of water and think happy thoughts and that usually gets it workin' again.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

XPIDER,

It would help alot if you told us the error message.

3. VWrpm

VWrpm Member

I had the same error message while backing up the same movie. Did you try my suggestion dvdripdvd?

4. askyew

askyew Regular member

Make sure that you have decrypter set to "brute force" and ignore errors in the options. You should always clean your dvd to the best of your ability before you begin any back up work.

5. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

I thinked it worked. i just pressed a lot of buttons and hoped that the computer wouldn't explode.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Now that I actually have this dvd I can try for myself. I first tested on my second pc. I turned off AnyDVD and was able to successfully rip with DVD Decrypter (in ISO mode). I then opened Shrink, opened disc image .. no problem. I unchecked french and spanish audio languages and clicked "backup" ... you would not believe what happened next.

At 1% encoding I got this error!!!! "DVD Shrink encountered and error and cannot continue. Program error - exception occured. The paremeter is incorrect" .. NO!!!! Help .... somebody I cannot back it up. Is it really true? That there is some new copy protection on this movie? What do I do next? Does anybody know how to back this movie up?

lol .... Yea so anyways, I decided to try something with Shrink. Back when the movie The Punisher came out, people were having a problem backing up this movie. So I did what solved doing that movie. Under Un-Referenced Material you change the compression setting to still image or still picture ... and guess what?? Successful backup using Shrink :)

I then did the same movie on my main pc using AnyDVD v4.1.1.2 (haven't installed the newest one yet) and CloneDVD2 v2.5.3.3 .... and guess what? Yup, successful backup :)

7. TDY

TDY Member

dvdripdvd:you are right on The Bourne Sup.I had to go to Quality settings and choose Compress an order to rip the DVD through DVD Shrink.It also happened with The Punisher and Shindler's List.I amagine DVD shrink is getting fooled on the true compression of the movie,thank God the creater of DVD shrink put that option there... But now I am finding problems with the new version update from Nero 6.6.0.3 I can not "Copy on the fly" older versions before that I can but not this new one......
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  8. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

It seems a lot of people are having problems with the DVD Bourne Supreamcy. so this needs to go back up so people can STOP constantly asking the same freakin' question!!!

love dvdripdvd

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What???? That has nothing to do with Ripping the DVD.

That has to do with compression and reauthoring.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

WinXP SP2
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.01GHz)
    1GB DDR 3200
    ATI All In Wonder 9600
    Burners Nec 2500A / Pioneer DVR 105

10. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

There seems to be a mix up with the whole ripping thing. Once you ripped "The Bourne Supreamcy" using ISO-READ MODE IN DVD Decrypter to your HD you use what I said before...DVD Shrink...BACKUP......

I burned it with DVD Decrypter afterwards and it plays like it should.

I ripped the DVD with DVD Decrypter to put it on my HD.....oh wait I ALREADY SAID THAT AT THE WWWWWAAAAAAYYYY BEGINNING. i did not know i had to repeat myself over and over again.<<<----NOT REALLY MAD---->>>>>BUT A BIT FUNNY and a bit INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  11. klapper

klapper Member

it's weird, i'm a newbie to this and i just ripped Bourne Supremacy using DVD Shrink and Nero to burn it my TDK dvd+r with no problems at all. I never got this 'parameter error' anywhere...? copy protection? i should have seen some type of error, right?

12. askyew

askyew Regular member

Did you do a full backup or reauthor and movie only?

13. klapper

klapper Member

i did a re-author. i guess that's why it worked? i never tried full backup with this movie just because i didn't want to sacrifice video quality by compressing too much.

14. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

video quality wasn't even noticable with full backup.
    or was it?

15. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Aren't you sick of multipostings. The freakin complaints about the freakin running man in the freakin Bourne Supreamcy is driving me freakin crazy. people need to read posts to get a better idea of how to fix the problem.

i be freakin

16. scarrillo

scarrillo Member

Trying to burn bourne supremacy and scarface. Using DVD shrink, and Nero. Went through the steps as directed as far as changing the "automatic" area to "still image", looks like it burns fine. When I pkay it back, it goes through all the previews, and to the menu screen but when I push play I get the DVD Shrink Logo across the screen telling me that the video has been removed????? What now? Have already wasted 3 dvd's.

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

scarrillo,
    The easiest and best way to make these is by doing the main movie only. You will have no problems and much better quality. :)

18. samtoh

samtoh Guest

To back up some of these movies, simply select 'Unreferenced Material' and choose still image, the disc should back up now.