1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New problem with me for BT

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ucdawg12, Apr 23, 2005.

1. ucdawg12

ucdawg12 Member

This just started happening yesterday when I downloaded Shareaza, it took over control of my torrent files and became the program they opened with. I was disappointed with Shareaza so I uninstalled it and found that my torrent files were no longer associated with any other of my bt clients, which I figured was no problem cause I could always switch it back. But when I tried to switch it back (I even reinstalled BitTornado) I am getting error messages with ever torrent file I open, if I try to download it straight of the internet into a temp folder, which used to not be a problem, I am getting the error that Windows can't find the file. When I save it to my harddrive, it says windows can't find the file (which I can see sitting right in front of me) but when it does that, it also opens with BitTornado. When it opens with BitTornado it no longer tells me that its saving where I directed it to. Instead of being "Download to: C:\BT\File.avi" it will say "Download to: File.avi" Now whenever I close a BT file, BitTornado says it has a windows error and freezes. This is very annoying because it never happened before yesterday and windows is giving me errors that dont even exist. Has anyone had any similar problems with this and knows how to fix it?

Thanks

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Did you check the option in BitTornado: to associate .torrent file extensions with the program?

Also, did you fully uninstall Shareaza, there might be a folder left undeleted, as most uninstallations leave some sort of mark behind. You should NEVER download .torrents to a temp folder. Save it and open it with BitTornado.

3. rain7777

rain7777 Guest

I know this has nothing to do with the subject of this forum but i could'nt find a forum for my problem.I used limewire to download roller coaster tycoon 2 to my computer after i installed it it would only let me play for an hour then it said i had to buy.I was wondering if anyone knows a way around buying it or if they had a activation code for it.

4. bbthumper

bbthumper Guest

........try uninstalling all BT clients then reboot. Re-install Bit Tornado........

.......hey rain, try starting your own thread, hi-jacking is not nice..

5. rain7777

rain7777 Guest

sorry about that