1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Protection? The Sound is Replaced

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by lbucci, Aug 17, 2007.

1. lbucci

lbucci Member

While trying to Backup 'The Illusionist', the video track is fine and plays from start to end as it should. But the video sound track is commentary from some person telling you what the scene is about. Kind of amusing. I also came across this in Deja Vu where the sound track is replaced with unrelated commentary. Anyone had success with backing up these two DVD titles to iPod or HDD for apple iTV streaming?

2. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

if i remember correct they both had two movies on them and you probably where unaware of this..
    make sure your copying one at a time ..
    i had the same concern on deja vu i used dvdfab...
    what are you using?

3. lbucci

lbucci Member

Your right, They have two main feature when I looked at it through Toast Titanium to burn only the movie. I chose both and one at a time with the same results. I then went on a quest, as you can see below.

I've tried these below with the exact same results:

:Mac OSX 4.9:

DVD2OneX2, Handbreak, Fast DVD Copy, Mactheripper and a couple of other Movies to iPod programs that decrypt.

:Window XP:

DVD Decrypter.

Thank you

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

The sound track selection is the culprit, look and you will see a six channel track, and a two channel track, the six channel is the main movie only, the two channel track is the director's comments track, a usual added feature to the DVD now days so the director can further inflate his/her ego by explaining how fantastic they are and how hard it was to bring this particular scene to the film screen. Next time, just uncheck the two channel sound and you'll be fine.

I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for 90% of the movies I back up, any movies less than 4.38 Gigs or DL burns I use AnyDVD, DVDDecrypter and IMGBurn.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  5. saltynuts

saltynuts Guest

this was no problem for anydvd and clone for me.

6. lbucci

lbucci Member

blivetNC thank you for that. you're correct. So why does the directors commentary become the main track instead of the movie track?
    Anyway, it's fixed now so thank you very much.

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Some of the one click transcoding programs assume that the biggest file or movie on the disk is indeed the juiciest choice, unfortunately this is not always the correct choice. Remember to go for the 6 channel audio channel vice the 2 channel and you'll avoid the director.

8. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

blivetNC
    that was some good info i will have to look into it. i never looked at that tracks on disc before