1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new protection?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mjeranek, Apr 12, 2005.

1. mjeranek

mjeranek Member

Tried to copy oceans 12, suspect zero and electra. I use dvd43 and 1click dvd. they will not load in dvd player. When I try and acess them on computer using windows media, says something like blah blah....copy protection. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Disked

Disked Member

First time ever, after using DVD X Copy and Platinum for many years, I'm starting to get DSS Encryption messages, thus no back-up.
    Am in Australia and wondering if this protection method is just starting to be introduced here. My movie that I'm trying to back-up is "The Forgotten" (Columbia)
    Any advice on the latest programs to overcome this problem would be appreciated.

3. Kyliefan1

Kyliefan1 Regular member

Have you tried either Decrypter or AnyDVD?

4. williej

williej Regular member

I got Elektra with no prob. AnyDVD is essential ...

My method?

1. DVDXCopy
    2. AnyDVD running tha background

5. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i backed up all of the movies listed here with anydvd and clonedvd2 with no problems . both programs can be tried before you buy from slysoft.com .

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I ripped using only DVD Decrypter.

7. williej

williej Regular member

With DVD Decrypter, are you able to flatten the image to fit onto a 4.7gb disc? That's why I use the DVDXCopy.

8. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

do a search - there are about 50 threads explaining 'arccos' (spelling?), 'forgotten' , 'resident evil', 'saw' etc etc,,,

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  9. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

@ williej
    No DVD Decrypter will not "flatten" a disk, but that is the reason for DVD Shrink.

10. williej

williej Regular member

Thanks, Noqoilpi. I will peep it out ...

11. movies27

movies27 Regular member

I used Nero & shrink & copied all of those movies with no problem.

12. mjeranek

mjeranek Member

Ok, finally got electra to play form the burn the other day...used dvd43 and 1clickdvd. Did the same with suspect zero and oceans 12 both will not load. Tried anydvd instead of dvd43 and error comes up this dvd is copy protected. it is activlly running on the task bar. I am attempting to burn another copy with dvd43 and 1click. Read something somewhere about a loop or ring on some of the new releases, could this be that.and oh what to do?

13. mjeranek

mjeranek Member

I also used dvd decrypter without any sucess. Once decrypted tried to burn using 1click..blah blah copy protection cannot copy.

14. slim23

slim23 Member

well i would just like to add that shrink sucks in my opinion and that elaborite dvd clone is ten times better but the only issue with elaborite is that it's doesn't break the copyright but useually when you rip it to ur HDD it decrypts the copyrights my method is useing a very good and fast ripper called clone dvd just the trial version but when it time runs out you can install it over and over or if your boared you could prollly find a crack for that then to compresse my movies to dvd 5 i use a crack version of elaborite clone dvd2 i think that elaborite is better than shrink because you can edit and still have your menues and i don't know about you guys but sometimes when i use shrink it fails on me when it reaches the burn proccess which really pisses me off especially when i waited like an hour for it to compress and i would also like to add that elaborite clone dvd2 is much faster and produces great quality and to answer your question about the forgotton screw that movie it is gay anyway lol Just JOkes i haven't tried any of those movie but when i do i'll find out for you

15. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

wooooooahhhh....

let me give you some of these:

, . ; : you may find that your blurb is more understandable

shrink allows you to keep the menus... you just have to be aware of how to do it..

it is also a damn site easier to understand via the explorer interface - clonedvd2 is normally ok, but when a dvd has LOTS of smaller movies it gets very confusing

we dont talk about cracking here - we cant mention illegal things on this site

getting anydvd allows clonedvd to not need an external ripper

im pretty sure you cant just reinstall clonedvd over itself to get 21 days free

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@slim23,

If you really like CloneDVD2 so much why not support the program and pay for it? If you get CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD together it cost $59 and well worth it. No need for a ripper if you go that route either.

17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Buying AnyDVD and Clone DVD2 is money well spent. I bought these two programs and love the editing capabilities of Clone DVD2, and AnyDVD does fast updates.

@slim23
    The only way you can use the progs beyond the 21 day trial is to reformat, so as bbmay states if you like them support the prog and buy.

18. happy01

happy01 Member

DVD Decrypter,DVD shrink,Imgtoolburn and AnyDVD and sometimes Slysoft (AKA Elaborate bytes) DVD2 I use all all of these but mostly Decrypter,shrink and Imgtoolburn and allways anydvd and have yet to burn a coaster that wasn't my fault

1. DVD Decrypter
    2. DVD shrink
    3. Imgtoolburn
    with anydvd runing in backround
    Ya it's the long way around but so far it's worked OH I've also got Nero's burn engine installed.
    I use Slysoft's CloneDVD 2 when I can't shrink a DVD enough using DVD shrink. As CloneDVD will make a 1 to 1 mirror copy of any disc including any copy write protection, So if you got some fly dodo on the Original that gets copied too
    I've backed up The forgotten, Elektra, and just now Ocean's 12 without any problems

19. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I think part of the "AnyDVD problem" is the misuse of the program. By that I mean that if one is not patient and does not allow AnyDVD to complete it's function then their ripper program, no matter what it is, will show the disc is copy protected. If one allows AnyDVD to finish (one half to one minute, depending on your particular computer system), then all current protection schemes are neutralized and the disc will appear "unprotected" to your ripper.

I recommend that in setup of AnyDVD, one select the option of displaying the information window when AnyDVD is finished "doing it's thing". How does one do this? Click on the "Red Fox" and when the window comes up, click on the "programs" tab. This brings up another window showing "Languages and Settings". Check the last box under settings called "Show information window for new media".

Now, when you put in your "Original" DVD, an information window will appear when AnyDVD finishes its analysis giving you what protections have been found and eliminated. One may now rip and burn with their favorite programs and have much success.

20. mjeranek

mjeranek Member

thanks bilbo65, I didnt know that you could set for a progress window. Thanks great. It will be good to have other tools of the trade that when one fails, the other will Hopefully suceed.