1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PS2 Bundle

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bladestor, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Bladestor

Bladestor Member

In todays Best Buy ad I saw a PS2/Network adapter bundle. It said it had a built in IR remote and Progressive scan. Does anyone know if this is the NEW version that Sony said IS certified for DVD +/- R/RW ?

If it is, I thought it was first going to be released in japan and possibly here in the US later?

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

check to see if it has the i link if it dosent than it is the new version

3. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

I have seen these too. It is a new model ps2. It is 39001/n. I am gonna get one and see what the insides look like some time this week. If its the same I will try and put a messiah 2 1.30 or DMS3 2.0 chip in and see what happens.

4. andyrt

andyrt Member

Let me know when you do -- I've been dying to see the insides of them. Thinking of just getting one myself as well. Are you allowed to post pictures here? If so, would you mind snapping the inside and posting it? :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2003
  5. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Its just a regular V7 system. I have done quite a few pre-mods of this system. For an extra $20 it is a steal!!

6. andyrt

andyrt Member

Yeah, it comes with the network adapter which is normally much more than $20, right? Whew... good to know it's nothing more than a 39001.

Thanks for the info!

7. djillini

djillini Regular member

Any word on when the new version ps2 will finally hit the U.S.?

8. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

whats the deal with that new playstation called the PSX. I heard it had satelite tv an tv recording abilities.

9. andyrt

andyrt Member

I saw the new ps2 on gamestop.com for $199 ... I think it's hit the U.S. already. I remember reading the end of june, but I've seen it on gamestop.com

10. gamercrew

gamercrew Member

what about 39010 model that they sell here in canada? What version is that?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]It's my duty to please that booty![/small]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2003
  11. Antourage

Antourage Member

gOoDFeLLa. The PSX is basically a PS2+TIVO. It will come equipped with a 120 gig hard drive and DVD burner. It is slated for release in Japan at the end of the year and maybe early summer in the US. Hope this helps

12. andyrt

andyrt Member

Early Summer.... '04?

13. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Thanks Antourage for the info. I heard about the psx in my egm magazine. U said it would have dvd burner in it. Would that mean that u could burn ps2 games with it and play them without a modchip inside of it?

14. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't put too much faith in the DVD burner part...but you never know.

15. Antourage

Antourage Member

gOoDFeLLa. From what I understand, you will not be able to burn PS2 games with it. I am sure that there will be a way to modify it, but considering the price may be as high as $400 dollars, I don't think you would want to go tampering with that amount of equipment.

16. Antourage

Antourage Member

andyrt, you are correct in your assumption of '04. It is not intended the be a piece of equipment for everyone, just the highend users who want to combine there technology. Hopefully, the U.S. date will be moved up. It does look much better than the standalone PS2.

17. e3e4520

e3e4520 Member

Does anyone know if there are any website that sells pre-modded new version of PS2 (online pack, progressive scan, built in IR etc)? If I am not mistaken they are the SCHP-39005. If I buy one at the local store, do you think the DMS3 would work with the new machine?