1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new ps2 console

Discussion in 'PS2' started by biglo, Apr 16, 2003.

1. biglo

biglo Member

I read an article saying that there is going to be new ps2 that can play dvdr and dvdrw and has progressive scan and i wondering that since that ps2 can read dvdr now maybe that means that we can play ps2 dvdr backups without using a mod chip to boot to it up. can anybody tell me if im wrong or something?

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

3. c7015

c7015 Regular member

4. Timmay

Timmay Guest

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I can't see them letting people play burnt games without the mod. The article makes me think otherwise though. I wouldn't go out and get one, cause I'm happy with my Messiah. Than I would think the Playstation 3 would be the same way. That has gotta suck for the installers and the retailers of the mod though.

5. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

The mod chips aren't responsible for the playing of dvd-r discs, most modern ps2s can play a dvd-r movie, the mods compensate for the code in the unreadable sector of an original game not being on the backup, so the newer verion ps2's will need a mod to play backups.