1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ps2 games - Burning Problem? *Swap Magic*

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DIEBAKA, Nov 12, 2004.

1. DIEBAKA

DIEBAKA Member

Ok so as of yet I've ran into no problems I wasn't able to fix as far as backing up and burning Ps2 games.

However this new wave of games seems to be giving me hell!

My two newest tries and fails are: LOTR: Third Age, DBZ: Budokai 3.

It burns yes, however when booting up from the swap magic CD the screen rolls vertically in a non stop spin cycle. When booting it from the DVDloader7/DvDloader7beta the screen does not roll. Instead it's off centered (too far to the bottom) Even after I've reached the option Menu in the game I'm not able to raise it high enough to play properly.

I'm using a V4 Ps2 with a fliptop lid.
    The Media I've tried are Ridek Ridata Dvd+R 4x, Sony DVD+4 4x, FujiFilm DVD+R 4x

Considering the Media has burned all games flawless in the past. I doubt it's the +R compared to the -R, but unsure.

So if anyone has had similar problems and is aware and how to fix this annoying issue. I’d appreciate the help!

-Clef

2. DIEBAKA

DIEBAKA Member

*Bump* I usally don't bother bumping but hopping someone has knowledge regarding this matter.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

are these ntsc games on a pal ps2 or maybe the other way around?

4. DIEBAKA

DIEBAKA Member

It's a US Ps2 V4 so it's a NTSC system. One of the problem games is PAL the other NTSC. Same problem on both.

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

from what you posted it sounded like a typical pal on ntsc problem, did you download the games? and do you have swapmagic 3 cd and can you get it to load

6. DIEBAKA

DIEBAKA Member

How did I post a typical PAL on NTSC problem? One of the games is NTSC the other is PAL. They both give the same problem. The NTSC on NTSC and the PAL on NTSC.

The swap magic cd's all load up fine, every game i've backed up continued to work flawlessly. Even the new GTA.

There DVD version so the Swap Magic DVD 2.0 is used/

7. DIEBAKA

DIEBAKA Member

Just to ask this

Has anyone with a fliptop lid & swap magic successfuly burned Budokai 3 or LOTR: Third Age

8. Smorgan77

Smorgan77 Member

I just burned an (MDF/MDS) format image of the third age, that I downloaded and burned to DVD+R Memorex (has worked for 2 other games so far) at 2.3X speed (the slowest my media allows). The game boots fine, but the audio (most particularly music) skips a lot during cutscenes, and sometimes a cutscene will just quit. I got enough of a taste of this game that I know I'm gonna be majorly hooked on it, so I may just fork out the rental fee to try my own image.

These issues could be media-related, I suppose, but the media works fine for other games.

BTW I am using PS2 Version 9, flip top and swapmagic 2.0 DVD loader.

9. DIEBAKA

DIEBAKA Member

Yea I wasn't to fond of The Third Age either and have no intention of burning it again even if I had a fix for the problem. Just listing it because it's one of two that gave me the problem.

Aside from the screen off centered/flipping everything in the game runs perfectly fine *L*. They just came out with some new USA versions of Budokai 3 so I'm going to see if I get the same issue with those.