1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PS2 HDD Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jake2003, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

Alright, I know that when you buy the PS2 hdd, you also buy ffxi which you will have to pay for on a monthly basis. But what about other games after it? Take like the new syphon filter for example, or any new upcoming online game for that matter, does anyone know if we would have to pay on a monthly basis for those too? Or is because ffxi is entirely online? Obviously I'm a little confused about this new hdd, so if anyone has any information, it would be much appreciated.

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Subscription fees for online play are determined on a title to title basis and the HDD has no influence on this. Final Fantasy XI will have an approximate $12/mo subscription fee although this does not necessarily mean one way or the other that any other games whether or not HDD compabile will be fee based. According to a clerk at Gamestop, the HDD w/Final Fantasy XI for $99.99 is only a pre-order deal and once released the HDD will sell for $99.99 seperately from the game but I personally think this to be highly unlikely. I'm sure as other HDD enabled games come out they will sell the HDD seperately but I think they'll have a hard time getting $99.99 for it without any game at all.