1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New ps2 modding

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Heckler, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Heckler

Heckler Guest

I was just about to buy my ps2 when i learnt that a new small ps2 (1/4 of ths size overall) will be available here (new zealand) on the 28th of october. I am pretty sure i will purchase this new model, ONLY if it can be chipped so i can play backedup games, if not i will buy the regular large one.

Any help with this would be much appreciated

Thanks

2. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

I don't think that they make a modchip for this new ps2 and if they do i will take a long time so if i were you i would get the old version

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Perhaps, but Cyprien was kind enough to post some internal pics in another thread and from what I could tell, the physical guts of the new unit are virtually identical from a modding standpoint although they likely revised the BIOS in some way that modchips will have to be updated. Also worth mentioning is that some modchip makers are already claiming v11 compatibility. Could this be the PSTwo perhaps?