1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New ps2 slimline mod noob looking for CLEAR answers!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PsychoMe, Nov 3, 2004.

1. PsychoMe

PsychoMe Member

Hi all,
    just bought a ps2 slimline, have been searching this forum to mod it...
    first thing i found was about disabling the switches for the fliptop, reading further it didn't seem such a good idea or is it? Answers weren't really 'clear'...:s

Anyone had any good experiences with it?? If yes what is the best way and what programs are used for rips, and i'm not talking about someone who got one game running, i'm talking about flawless (almost at least ;))

Also what is the best program, cause i've seen like sometimes you have to swap 3 different cd/dvd's... isn't there one where you can just put one cd and then the backup cd/dvd/rip...??

And will it be possible to connect maybe an external HD onto it? Maybe some websites posted some news about it or have already some kind of tutorial or anything, exact link would be nice ;)

To make all this very short, what would be the easiest and SAFEST way to play backups on this new ps2 slimline WITHOUT a modchip??

I'm not planning on buying a modchip so... no comments on that needed thx! ;)

Hope to get some good answers and euhm sorry but my english isn't perfect;)

Greetz

2. shaner30

shaner30 Member

Swap magic is the best way to play backups without modchips. I have the slimline, and fixed it so the ps2 wont recognize the lid being open. Go to http://www.swapmagic3.com/ to find instructions on how to. The program i use to rip games(dvd) is dvd decrypter it is free, and a link can be found on this site. If you do a search on here you can find instructions on how to burn using that program. I have about 150 games, and everyone of there back ups work. I use sonic dvd's, and they work great. A great site to get cheap media is http://www.shop4tech.com . Some games wont work with the older versions on swap magic so i recomend the v3.3 You can get it for $20 here http://www.robotpig.com Well i hope this help you.

3. succubus

succubus Member

damn i got ripped! hehe i bought my SM3.3 for 30 bucks plus another 18 for shipping! :S oh well.

and yeah PsychoMe, i have a slim ps2 as well, i did the softmod, taping down the switches and i use SM3.3 to play my backups. All of my backups only need that one swap and they work. The double or triple swap you need to do is only for games that have double protection so you need to download a program called CDLoader and swap that in after you swap the magic disc in. But I think if you use SM3.3 you don't need CDLoader? I'm not exactly sure but all my games work without the use of CDLoader.

Hope that helped.

4. PsychoMe

PsychoMe Member

thx guys really great that i can disable it now without losing warranty :) i'll try the method that is on the swapmagic site...
    Greetz

5. deadbeat9

deadbeat9 Guest

i hear gameshark and ar max work, but which versions and how much would they cost,
    and i need a mthod to make em work