1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PS2's and XBOX's for £2.50 in the UK???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dark8175, Mar 16, 2004.

1. dark8175

dark8175 Member

http://www.fish4stuff.com

Found this site that purports to sell new Xboxes and PS2s for £2.50.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me, but hell, might be worth a risk!

What do you guys think?

Dark

2. cumbug

cumbug Member

It says £32.50 to me, I wouldnt trust it as far as I could throw it, which is probably what happened to their ps2's :]

3. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Mine also says £32.50 when I try using Paypal.

4. dark8175

dark8175 Member

Yeah, you're initally supposed to pay £32.50, but they give you £30 back when enough people have signed up after you. Then when a few more people have signed up you're supposed to recieve a brand new console in the post.

Hmm. I have my doubts!!

Dark

5. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Yea it is kinda strange try looking for an e-mail on the site and then e-mail them asking about it.

6. billz

billz Active member

better yet don'ttouvh it with a 10ft poll
    It's scam city

7. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

isn't 32.50 euros still dirt cheap for a ps2, still sounds like a scam

8. account

account Guest

yes it is dirt cheap but the site makes a shit load of money everytime someone signs on so by offering a good prize in return they will make a lot of money and not loose anything by sending you a xbox or whatever else they have.

my friend did one of those and he got what he wanted so it might not be a scam however dont take my word but if you loose $35 so what.

and if any of you remember that old site madhive.com they had the same sorta thing except you play games and earn points and they where real and sent away alot of prizes but eventually lost too much money they have been shut down and have been for a few years now.

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

9. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Well if any one tries to buy it and works or get it for free with ponts or whatever tell us if it works or if some one has already.

10. benagain

benagain Regular member

This is sounding a lot like a a pyramid scam. I've seen hundreds of sites like this. It may work out for the first few that try it, but like all pyramid scams, they can't run forever because eventually they will run out of people that want to sign up. When this happens anyone left still waiting on the return in their investment is screwed.
    Seriously, before anyone buys from here, go to google and search for pyramid scams. Read about them for a half hour and you'll understand what I mean.
    A couple of years ago some people starting going over to Pigeon Forge TN and started running a pyramid scam. It started out as you giving $1500 and by the time you got to the top of the pyramid, you would get close to $30,000. I know some guys that made a lot of money doing it, but I know even more that lost a ton.

11. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah this sounds like a big scam. i wouldn't trust this site.

12. mikefto

mikefto Member

Hey guys

I used the site ! works fine what they say is TRUE.

Paid my 32.50 for a XBOX took about 2weeks to get my money refunded, but they did pay it back straight into my Paypal account again no problem. A further 2-3weeks and a new XBOX arrived on my doorstep.

Your right though is a pyramid but if you got 32.50 spare join and be patient.

Not bad site beats a crappy E-book getting your money back.

13. cumbug

cumbug Member

yes I can now say these things work, but my advice would be to go for something better than a xbox. Make it worthwhile :]