1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PS2user! Please help me!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SorinJr, Mar 1, 2005.

1. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

Hey guys! Would any of you please be so kind and help me...I would appreciate it so much. I just got a ps2 for xmas and i tried to copy a game but the ps2 wont recognize it....it wont recognize any burnt dvd movies or mp3 cds...nothing. My crappy dvd player reads them but the Sony PS2 wont. Please help me..I see alot about modchips?!?! what are those is that what i need? i used a program to copy the game but nothing. Please tell me what to use that is really reliable and what i have to do to make the ps2 read everything. Greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

u need sum kind of modification so u can play backups or imported dvds/ps2 games. A modchip is one choise .
    u also have swapmagic , thats the easiest way for every one since it doesnt require any modification.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2005
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

Look into getting Swap Magic, and also a flip top cover, which you will also need. check around on
    http://www.ps2nfo.com/
    lots of links there to sites that have them.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  4. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

Thank you for the help! So I will try to download the swap disk and make a cd right? Can you tell me a really good program to use for copying the games for the ps2 also? Thank you

5. steimy

steimy Active member

i am not sure you can download Swap Magic, you can't even back it up due to the fact that the disc is pressed rather that written to like most others.
    DVD Decrypter is what i always use to do backup's.
    It's Free and works great.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  6. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

Thank you very much! Another question is ....what should I buy? The swap magic 3.3 or the breaker pro? And should i get the cover for the ps2 or just the lid? Thanks

7. Modchip07

Modchip07 Guest

yeh wont work , cuz u dont have a mod chip , if ur in BC go to metrotown n then crystall mall , they install mod chips for u for 100 $ and its no swamping types.

8. Modchip07

Modchip07 Guest

yeh wont work , cuz u dont have a mod chip , if ur in BC go to metrotown n then crystall mall , they install mod chips for u for 100 $ and its no swamping types.

9. fireman30

fireman30 Member

Ok, I have swap magic and I just purchased a DVD burner and was given Roxio and DVD X Copy Platinum. Since I am new at burning DVD's and don't want to waste a bunch of blanks doing trial and error, is there a step by step guide I can get somewhere or read to tell me how to burn a PS 2 DVD based game? I'm sure this may be a breeze for you advanced guys, but this newbie don't want to screw up and waste all my money trying when I can ask and hopefully recieve help. Thanks in advance.

10. SorinJr

SorinJr Member

Ok, thanks guys. I would go and buy the modchip and have it installed but that's a liiiiittttle bit too much for me. So please tell me if buying the ps2 cover with one of the 2: swap magic or breaker...is enough..if yes please tell me which program should i buy with the cover.tks.