1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW PSP USER..PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by 8v_cabrio, Jan 6, 2008.

1. 8v_cabrio

8v_cabrio Member

First of all, I would like to say that I appreciate all the hard work that everyone does to help people out like me here, and to ignore my noobness.

Just bought a psp version 3.71, and can not understand how a game can be 49.99. What updates, mods should i be performing to fully enjoy the thing. I am familiar with torrents, I have been reading a little and from what i understand: IF I DONT DO THIS PROPERLY I WILL MESSUP MY PSP.
    I read about this devhook program, but wasnt sure if was compatiable with my version. I would like to know how to run a .cso file on the thing without screwing it up as well.

Thanks Everyone

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Simply put: you need another PSP that is already running a custom Firmware to install a CFM on yours. Custom Firmware is REQUIRED to play backups of PSP games, homebrew apps (user created programs/non-Sony programs), etc. Once you get a PSP running CFM, you need to create Pandora's Battery and Magic Stick. Read the forums, do a search, as other threads will give you, in GREAT detail, how to do this. NOTE: With Pandora's Battery there is NO WAY you could F.U.B.A.R. (F*** Up Beyond All Repair) your PSP. There's only one way to make your PSP totally unrepairable and a person of your level simple can't do it. So it's good.

3. 8v_cabrio

8v_cabrio Member

Thanks for the help, from what i understand, there is no program that i can download that will fix my problem???

Are there any other mods that i can benefit from??

Thanks