1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PSP - Which firmware best??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by willisbr, Jul 10, 2007.

1. willisbr

willisbr Member

Guys, thanks for having me on your forum.

I'm new to PSP - got my old one out of the closet and upgraded to 3.51 today...then discovered what homebrew and popstation is etc. Needless to say, screwed up.

Bought a new one just now on ebay...coming with 3.1 firmware.

Please enlighten me with what you all would do with it as far as up/downgrade to another FW or if you would leave at 3.1.

Here's what I want to do...rip some of my PSX games so I can play in PSP, watch mp4 movies (or something similar...just learned how to use PSP-9 to put dvds on my psp), listen to music with some sort of screen saver, and ability to change screen background easily. That's basically it.

I also like the web feature...didn't know if you can still use the web on older FW cause I have WPA/WPA2 encription at my house which i think works on only 3.5?

So considering all that, I've done my research and see that there is not a set FW that I see everyone is crazy about. Let me know what you guys think. THANKS!

Brian

2. willisbr

willisbr Member

Can anyone hit me up on this? Read about 3.4oe and thinking I'm going to take my 3.1 PSP, upgrade to 3.5, down to 1.5 with my Lumines, and then upgrade to 3.40OE. This best option? WAP encription for net still an option on wireless with this FW?

Thanks guys if someone can reply.