1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#New PStwo With Swap Magic??#

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bmxer4lyf, Nov 22, 2004.

1. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

Hey, I recently got the new PStwo and wanted to get a chip for it...but found out that there were only a few of them compatible with this new system and that they were messing up the lasers...anyhow, I am now wondering if I should go with the Swap Magic 3.3 or 3.2 which ever one and if it would work on the new PStwo atleast until they find a way to fix the chips.
    Does anyone no if I will need a fliptop still, seeing as this pretty much has one in the new system? And if the Swap Magic would be all I needed to play back-ups?
    Thanks Alot in advance...I tryed searching for these answers on the net but was not succesful :(

2. succubus

succubus Member

u need the swap magic discs and also need to do a soft mod on the console. its not hard just open it up and tape down the switches that tell the ps2 that the drive is open so it always thinks its closed.

3. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok thanks, so you do think it is worth while? and has anyone had any problems with this soft mod?

4. succubus

succubus Member

5. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

OK thanks for the help, i have now done the soft modification and i noticed that the cd still spins even when the disc tray is open, now i know that this is what it is supposed to do, however, it makes this really odd noise as if the cd was scraping against the lens or sumthing. Does anyone know if this is to be expected? Normal? Also i was wondering...if the cd just keeps spinning, when i am doing the Swap Magic method, how am i supposed to grab the cd and swap with the back-up game when it wont stop spinning? or DOES the swap magic stop allowing you to change discs? sorry for the stupid questions but I am new to this and really need help. thanks for your time...

6. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

OK thanks for the help, i have now done the soft modification and i noticed that the cd still spins even when the disc tray is open, now i know that this is what it is supposed to do, however, it makes this really odd noise when the tray is open, as if the cd was scraping against the lens or sumthing. Does anyone know if this is to be expected? Normal? Also i was wondering...if the cd just keeps spinning, when i am doing the Swap Magic method, how am i supposed to grab the cd and swap with the back-up game when it wont stop spinning? or DOES the swap magic stop allowing you to change discs? sorry for the stupid questions but I am new to this and really need help. thanks for your time...

7. succubus

succubus Member

i haven't done the softmod yet but from other people said, and the general use for swap magic discs, it should probably stop spinning when it asks you to put in a game disc

8. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

sorry. The first paragraph has a mistake...the second paragragh is the edited one...

9. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

10. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

now does anyone know where I could get the latest versions of Swap Magic ( and please say what the latest version is) preferably from a canadian site for a reasonable price??

11. athrun

athrun Member

Finally I have modded my PSTWO. I bought a DMS4 Pro. But at the end I choose to do Swap Magic Mod. Here is my conclusion for everyone thinking of mod their PSTWO.

1. Laser Burn out problem. Compare to Modchip and Swap Magic I think. Is more safe to go for Swap Magic.

2. My PSTwo is Australia PAL version. After I modded my PS2. I have tested more than 10 games. NTSC Japanese version. No problem.

3. The Version I used was Swap Magic DVD 2.0 EUR Build. And Swap Magic 3.0 CD EUR Build.

4. NEVER use superglue, just "Tape" is fine. I done mine in less than 10mins.

5. In my opinion Laser burn out is cause by the "modchip", and I don't think there is a "SAFE" modchip for PSTWO. I recommend Swap Magic, compare to modchip is more safer.

Before I was thinking to order Swap Magic v3.3, but now I can get most of the game running why should I waste money on newer version.

12. succubus

succubus Member

i ordered the swap magic v3.3 (latest version) from a canadian site. theyre selling it for 30 bucks.

it's www.modchips.ca

13. Whillis

Whillis Member

SUCCUBUS do u have the Swap Magic v 3.3 yet....i just ordered mine on the day they came out..odd fact is i ordered my Swap Magic v 3.3 before i even own a ps2/slim....oh do u have the slim or the older version...im guessing you have the newer slimmer ps2...I told my self im getting backups when i buy my games now....my other console dreamcast only 5 out of the 12 games work ass holes dont treat my shit right...anyway...cant wait to see the FED-EX guy..I need a smoke............