1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Releases not burning with DVD Shrink+

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by volsfan98, Jan 29, 2007.

1. volsfan98

volsfan98 Guest

Recently I have noticed that new releases of dvds are not burning and are sending an error message. I use nero to burn with and I have noticed that music concerts and videos still burn just fine. Its new movie releases that Im having problems with for copying. Could I just need a new version of Nero or is DVD Shrink becoming out of date to decrypt newer movies with copyright protection? Any info is greatly appreciated.

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

You may need to add to your arsenal of software. Two other programs that can help you out with new release movies are:

1. DVDFab Decrypter
    2. AnyDVD

These two programs added to what you alreDY HAVE YOU WILL BECOME UNSTOPPABLE. :)

3. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I use Ripit4me (with Shrink and DVDdecrypter) for the hard to burn ones. It helps these two no longer updated softwares work well on new encryptions.

I use AnyDVD as well. Good program! Not free but very very good. BUT I had conflict issues with AnyDVD and DVDFabDecrypterFree. Not everyone does though. Some people have been able to run it no problem and DVDFab will just ask you to Disable AnyDVD before you start.

4. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

DVD Decrypter is out-dated, but Fab Decrypter works great with Shrink and Nero. Another great tool if you're having problems is VobBlanker.

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

DVDDecrypter is outdated, yes, but when used with the ripit4me macro suite it is a killer. It was able to rip S3 for many people when the big guns were not updated yet. It is my Ace in the hole for any problematic DVD's. That means the new ones!

That combo has done DVD's that SlySoft and Fab products were not updated for until the last few days. Don't totally discount it yet.

6. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

That's good to know. I usually use Fab/Shrink/Nero or Fab/Vob/Shrink/Nero and have chewed through any and everything. Still, I'm taking notes....

7. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I don't dislike DVDFabFree either. Until recently it was working with my system and now causes a conflict if I have AnyDVD installed as well. I believe this may be a rare instance as many have used both with AnyDVD disabled in the background or turned off. I kept AnyDVD because I purchased it and It is one of my favorites.

Good luck keep taking notes, I have learned a great deal from the AfterDawn site.

8. volsfan98

volsfan98 Guest

where can I get a copy of dvdfab decrypter since it is no longer downloadable from afterdawn.com?

9. volsfan98

volsfan98 Guest

Also, is DVD Shrink 2007 an option even if I have to pay because it would be nice to just replace my current version of DVD Shrink and keep everything the same. Im looking for simplest and easiest fix.

10. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

11. volsfan98

volsfan98 Guest

Thank you Borhan 9, if you dont mind me asking one more question, I will be glad to pay for anydvd but can u tell me in what order I need to use these programs...DVD Shrink-AnyDVD-DVDfab Decrypter. I dont know what order to use them or if one needs to run in the background or if one needs to be closed while another is running etc. Not sure the proper procedure. Your help is greatly appreciated.

12. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Just for information...AnyDVD and DVD Shrink aren't getting along so well these days, so if you don't have Nero Recode I would opt for another route such as Ripit4me.

13. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@volsfan98

The order i would use the programs are as follows.

1.DVDFab Decrypter
    2.DVD Shrink
    3.CloneDVD 2

Have AnyDVD running in the background all the time.

14. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I would recommend shutting down AnyDVD while using DVDFab Decrypter, it is really overkill and you have to programs fighting to get at the same data...could lead to read errors.

15. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Maybe i just have never had an issue?? Do whatever method works for you the best.

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Just out of curiosity why do you use all of these in this manner? I am just interested in knowing if there is a reason for this because it seems to me if you have CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD why would you not just use those two as they seem to work perfectly fine? I am not quetioning how you backup your DVD's but am more interested in knowing what are the plus's in doing it with all 4 of those proggies? Lets just say I am curious :)

17. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

There is no real reason i do it this way i am just used to this method. I think in the early days when i first started i had issues with My AnyDVD and CloneDVD versions. So i would use the old DVD Decrypter first and then do the same procedure. But since DVD Decrypter is not updated anymore i have moved to DVDFab Decrypter. I still use DVD Decrypter for some iso's and i have iso magic and power iso also.

I think i just have found a method that works for me and im sticking to it. :)

I know it maybe a longer process but if i have the time i will do it the long way having DVD Shrink in the mix, otherwise i would miss that and let CloneDVD 2 do the compression. But i do that if i am not really fussed about the movie or if i am backing up a TV Series shortens the time taken :)

I hope that answers your curiosity. :)

BBmayo mate if it wasn't for you and Scuba Pete's Guides i wouldn't have the knowledge i have in the backup department.

I would say to everyone if you find a process that works for you stick with it until it needs altering.

18. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You are right on the money borhan9! Use whatever works best for you and you are comfortable with it. I just thought that maybe you had found something out about doing it that way, but it is exactly as you say and I agree 100% do it the way that makes you the happiest.

Cheers M8!

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Kudos to Scuba Pete's and bbMayo's guides! Learned just about everything I know about DVDs from those two while I was lurking about here.

20. volsfan98

volsfan98 Guest

One more question Bohran 9, do you shut each of these programs down except anyDVD after each one is used or do you keep them all open or how do you use this process as far as the programs themselves. Thanks again.