1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW RIDISC 8X WITH GO5 DYE

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by EMMA129, Jan 24, 2005.

1. EMMA129

EMMA129 Member

I asked my hubby to get me some purple 4x ridisc dvd-r media discs as i had heard that these were a very good disc, when he went to the fair he come back with ridisc 8x blue topped discs using the GO5 dye as he was told the other discs weren't being made anymore, i havn't had a problem with them as yet, but the dye on the copying side is not the very dark colour that i would have expected, i thought they would have been a very deep purple but they are only the same as most other discs, with a light purple dye, i paid extra for these discs but im wondering if they are any good, like i say no coasters as yet but i have only had 2 successful burns and 2 unsuccessful burns but they were backing up my legally owned ps2 games and my ps2 won't play anything it has a very weak eye and will only play things when it wants to so i didn't really expect them to work even tho in anyone else's playstation they would probably be fine..can anyone who has bought these 8x ridisc discs or who has has any experience let me know what they think of them. thanks in advance
    emma

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Emma, do we not understand the concept of a "sentence?"

Sure would make it easier to follow what you are saying.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. Troy1x

Troy1x Guest

Bought 1,000 of them, no problems great media. Burned about 500 so far and no problems with any of them. Ritek has always made great DVDs been using them for about 3 years.

-Troy1x

4. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

I'm pretty sure Ridisc is not a genuine Ritek brand. In the days before I saw the light (all hail TY!), I too went through the trials of variable Ritek quality. According to a knowledgable bod on this list, Ritek only manufacture Ridata and Traxdata as "A" grade media, Arita as an A/B grade and "Mountian and water" pattern as landfill grade. Ridisc and Rimovie are printed by another company, and while the disks may well be of Ritek manufacture and MID, the quality of these disks is a lottery.

5. EMMA129

EMMA129 Member

Yes Bazilla i have heard of a sentence, punctuation and capitalisation, did i feel the need to use it here, NO!, I was asking people for a little bit of help, not writing a story book :)