1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New RROD issue

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by marken99, Jan 9, 2008.

1. marken99

marken99 Member

i have fixed a few RROD issues for some of my friends in the past few months with no issues. however, i am trying to fix another one and have hit a wall. i noticed once i took the 360 apart, the bottom of the motherboard had four thermal compound places adjacent to the x-clamps. i have opened numerous xbox's and this is the first one i have seen with these compound places. the second issues i noticed, was that when you turn the xbox on, the screen just stays black the entire time....never receiving an on-screen error message. i replaced the x-clamp with the normal method of screws and washers and the RROD persists. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

The thermal pads are installed in many 360's, on the ram chips on the underside of the motherboard. It is not possible to fix all 360's with the RROR using the x-clamp mod, what is the secondsry error code on the 360?

3. marken99

marken99 Member

i am not sure how to get the secondary code. is there an quick link that I could reference?

4. oosel

oosel Regular member