1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New samsung ms28, need some help...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ghostbugg, Nov 11, 2007.

1. ghostbugg

ghostbugg Regular member

so my xbox 360 drive crapped out on me. it happens... gonna order a new one, but i have managed to somehow lose all 3 copies of my original firmware. so, heres what i need help with. if i order another samsung ms28, it will of course need to be flashed with the new firmware to make it work in my xbox, and i assume it will need the exact same key. so, if i take the bad ODD, which is flashed with xtreme firmware, extract the key from it, shouldnt that key be the key for my xbox. purely an assumption, but it makes sense to me. can someone confirm that this will work before i try it?

2. ghostbugg

ghostbugg Regular member

sorry about the 2nd post. i have a question to add to this. in order to spoof the firmware on a hitachi drive so that my xbox will read it as a samsung drive, would i need the original firmware from my samsung ms28, or just the key. the reason i ask is because the hitachi's are easier to work with, and from my experience, have been more reliable.

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Yes, you just need the key from the modded firmware. But if you replace the drive with the same model, it'd be much quicker to just swap the mobo from the original drive to the new one.

4. ghostbugg

ghostbugg Regular member

Thank you. THats what i needed to know.