1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New SDHC card "locked" problem.

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by dandilldo, Nov 9, 2010.

1. dandilldo

dandilldo Member

I have purchased a 32GB sdhc card off flea bay and put them in my new camcorder (sdhc is compatible according to the manual) and the message "card locked" comes up on the screen. I removed the card and flipped the switch but I had the same result.
    I thought i'd try to format the card but the option was not accessible on the camcorder (other 2gb sd card works fine and will format).
    So next option was to try to format it in the computer, the computer said it was unable to complete the format, so after some attempts to try and format it using windows disk management changing it to Exfat and then back to fat32 it still shows as locked in the camcorder however it was able to be formatted by the laptop using the normal procedure. is there a way to solve my problem?
    It is not recognised my other digital camera but I think that might be because it's old.
    I doubt it is relevant but it's a Panasonic HDC-SD600 camcorder

TO ANY MODS.... I couldn't find a thread relating to memory cards and as if it's in the wrong place could you let me know where it should be posted and not just close the thread.

Thank you

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

hehehe.. the joys of fleabay.. it's either a fake card or it's faulty .. We have a box of these under the counter.. most will format but none will work in anything.. try transferring a load of data to the full size of the card and watch it pack up at somewhere between 10 and 20% when it gets full.