1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Slim PS2 & Disc ID Utility v0.2A

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Tigh, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Tigh

Tigh Member

Has anyone got the disc id utility to work with the new slim ? I can get it to load all ok but it just won't generate a number. Just tries to load then gives me a whole lot of 0's.
    Any ideas ?

2. motoxthor

motoxthor Guest

ya it worked on mine fine..u just boot it up and swap it with the original game. the thing that was messing me up is i had the ghost switch and it always thinks the lid is shut. but it has to be open for the swap between the id utility and original. so make sure if ur using swap magic to take out the mod after u booted it up. it should work fine

3. ducatis

ducatis Guest

yeh i have the smae probs. it just says 00000000 i researched it and aparently neither version of the id utility (the cd or dvd version) work. if you got a mate with an old ps2 and a mod chip get him to use the id util on one of your originals. then you can use the same id on every game you backup because you can only use 1 game at a time.

Hope this helps

4. Tigh

Tigh Member

Thanks Ducatis. So it is true that one ID works on all games ? I have read that also but wasn't sure if it was true. I have found that no matter what code I use on a game that uses gamespy for online gaming it won't work. I have had it working on other games though. Need for Speed 2 and Socom II both work online with different codes. Have you just used one code with success ?

5. ducatis

ducatis Guest

i have the slim ps2, and as i mentioned in my previous post, you cant use the DVD DISC ID UTIL V0.2a to get the DNA$ id's. maybe when they release a new version you might be able to. I think that it cant because of the mod chip wiring??? who knows??? if you have any success with the id util could you please let me know.

Cheers bud

6. Tigh

Tigh Member

The Disc ID's I used were just posted ones on forums somewhere. I know its risky using them but I just wanted to see if it worked. I am looking forward to being able to use the ID Utilty to do it properly though. I will let you know if I find anything new. Thanks again.

7. ducatis

ducatis Guest

thats ok. what mod ya got, cos some have a feature that turns itself off after it boots up the disc so ya can play online. mine doesnt unfortunately:(

8. Tigh

Tigh Member

I have Matrix Infinity. It must turn itself off because I have been playing online with some backups. Its weird though cause if I use an original and don't disable the chip I get an error yet if I use a backup of the same game (patched) it works. I can't work it out.

9. downcrash

downcrash Member

I also got a slim with a Matrix Infinity. I have been searching for days and I gotta agree with ducatis... it aint working, cd or dvd, so find a buddy with an old modded ps2. If I find anything new I'll let ya guys know... Maybe if we keep bitching about it on a bunch of different forums a new Disk Utility prog for the slim will come out ;)

10. haddyh

haddyh Member

YOU IDIOTS. The MATRIX INFINITY chip for the ps2 slim dont work when u go online even with real games cause u gota disable the mod chip. TO DO THAT hold the power button for few seconds like 2 seconds while powering up the ps2. if u want all teh detials go to matrix site here it is

http://www.matrix-mod.com/cgi-bin/matrix/site.pl?page=chip_infinity

11. Tigh

Tigh Member

The matrix infinity does work with some online games. If you could read then you would have read that in the thread. I know how to disable the chip but thanks anyway.

12. haddyh

haddyh Member

maybe it wasnt you but i thought one of u gusy ditn know that. ANYWAYS IF U KNOW HOW TO GET SOME games to work online . could u plz tell me . and if so could u simplify cause i had a head ache reading all the posts. and where to get the uttilities for them. and by any chance is there any special applications u can load fomr ur amtrix infinity and if so any other cool tricks. plz tell me

13. Tigh

Tigh Member

I just read the forums and followed the instructions. Get a valid ID number patch it then try it. Like I said earlier I have had some games work and others not. I had one case where the original didn't work online with the chip enabled yet when I put the backup in it did work. Its just trial and error at the moment. Sorry I don't know of any cool tricks.

14. smoran2

smoran2 Member

where can i get the disc id tool

15. DemonKyo

DemonKyo Guest

I have a Ps2 Slim and the DISC ID Utility seems to work just fine. I'm using swap magic 3.3, placed swap cd version, then placed DISC ID Utility, it loaded, the cd wouldn't stop spinning so I lifted a bit the "magic key" that keeps the lid open, the one at the top left side, as soon as it stopped touching the sensor, the disc stopped, placed an original DVD PS2 game, pushed down a bit the same "magic key", dvd started spinning, pressed X and got an ID code. If valid or not... I'll have to get a memory card first to go try it out! :p
    Also, I tried the only original PS2 dvd game I had twice, and the code reported is the same, so it's not making random codes as it goes... The link where I got the zip is somewhere in these forums, something like "...tools.sk" something like that, black background page, only 3 links. Hope this helps.

16. DemonKyo

DemonKyo Guest

17. coolkhas4

coolkhas4 Member

WAT do u do wit the files from the utility disc thing
    burn ALL of them or just the .bin and .cue files?
    Yes I am a n00b
    SRY!!
    any help would be appreciated
    please pm me aswell
    thnx

18. Takenover

Takenover Member

I am using Swap Magic 3.3 on my slim ps2. I can't get the disk to stop spinning to get the ID :/

Ive tried the Cd and Dvd version. Also tried forcing the disk in there carefully, but coudnt get the disk to spin back up as quickly. After I pop the disk out and insert the game, it won't get back up to speed. Moves at a slower pace.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  19. DemonKyo

DemonKyo Guest

I managed to get ID-codes from 3 original PAL DVD games using my PS2 Slimline and Disc Utility, made an ISO of one of the games, altered the ISO with the Image Patcher, re-checked with Insertor just to make sure there was only one .IMG file to be altered, used one of the ID-Codes to alter it, burned it on a DVD+R disc and when I tried to run the game, DNAS error 864 (invalid game/media I think) - I'm using Swap Magic 3.3, tried loading the game with Swap Magic - runs but DNAS error when going online, tried loading the game without SM and my PS2 reports invalid PS2 disc. What am I doing wrong...? - Game tried: Burnout 3...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005