1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New slim ps2s Junk?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tcosta, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Tcosta

Tcosta Member

I was already to buy a new premodded ps2 (slim) but the website I was going to buy it off told me that they stopped selling them because the lasers are junk. Anyone know anything about this?

2. M13

M13 Member

No, but i am getting one on thanksgiving weekend. i'll let you know.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have had a PS2 Slimline for a month now with no problems. I put the DMS4 lite mod chip in it about 2 weeks ago and it works like a charm. I'm not sure about the laser being junk or not seeing how this system is fairly new I don't know what they would have to base that on? Sounds like they just dont have the new PS2 Slimline, and want you to buy there older systems. I recommend going to a different sight..

:)

4. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

matrix team have the solution to this problem

5. Tcosta

Tcosta Member

Yeah I bet this site just doesn't have any premodded slimlines in stock, so he's trying to get me to buy an older system from him. I think I am going to try modchipman.com anyone have any experience with these guys. Thanks

6. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

The new pstwo has been having problems with it's laser burning out due to how many volts it receives. Unmodded PStwos have been reported to be going out on other forums I've been looking at but what a lot of people say is that if you chip your PStwo the chance of your PStwo laser going out is very likely.

The matrix team has made a fix for this, but it's only an EXPERIMENTAL FIX, people have even reported that their PStwo has gone out with the fix in place, but this may be due to the fix being improperly done on their pstwo.

Either way it's still a tad early and I myself am holding off for maybe 1-2 months till a 100% fullproof fix has been found.

7. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I am about to order a ps2 slimline with maxtrix infinity chip in it. I e-mailed them and he said that maxtrix has a fix like you said. Has anyone experienced anything with the new ps2 slimline?

8. M13

M13 Member

the new ps2 is working great

9. crashxx

crashxx Member

What do you mean the new PS2 is working great? Do you have one you have chiped? If so what chip?