1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New socom backup detecting will be used on any online game in the future???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hardstyle, Sep 16, 2004.

1. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Many people have noticed the new protection that comes with the new socom 2 patch. People have to download the patch to play online again. Many people with modchips now can't play there copy's online anymore. Well till now only people in USA have to download the patch. Till now not in europe. Lucky me, I'm from europe. To bad for people in America but they can't play socom 2 online anymore. But I hope the masters of Paradogs will fix it for them.

But now my thoughts goes to. If this work this well for actually banning modified ps2's and backup's. Wil it be used maybe for any online game in the future??? I hope not because this will be the end of online gaming with backups. Wath do you all think???

2. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

Is it people with just modchips??? What about using SM Disk??? I use the SM disk but i havent been on Socom since the patch so i will have to try it out tonight to see if "i am cheating".

3. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Well I don't know exactly. It seems people that go online with original game and modchip not disabled get caught. People with sm discs olso get caught.

We need to know wath this patch is looking for. Because it is the patch i'm sure of that. So it something that can be fixed. Some people say NO you can't fix it beacuse the protection is on te server side and you can't patch that. Well it is true that the protection is on te server side, but that new protection on te server side only works in combination with this new patch. So we can edit the patch and let the server think the patch is installed as it shoald but actually the patch send back false information.

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i just went online with my backup of socom II with patched DNAS and my matrix infinity turned on and got through just fine. everything went as it was supposed to. it has always been if you go online with an original and your modchip turned on you get the DNAS error 402 and i dont beleive it is possible for people to be caught using swap magic discs since they dont change any thing, they just let you load up your game without the ps2 knowing.

5. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Well maybe, But I saw on al lot other boards people have problems with alot of modchips and boot methods. So the new protection is good, and i'm affraid that they are going to use it in more online games.

6. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

i take that back... im banned for an hour. i never went actually played a round beofre but now after i did i got the message "you have been caught using a cheating device, etc etc"

so i guess they have gotten better. :(

7. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Yes this new protection works fine for them. Does anyone know if there are people allready trying to crack it???

8. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

well i was just able to play my original socom II online with my chip off. it worked just fine.

9. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

So since i use the SM disk i should be fine to go onto Socom II with a backup..since i dont have a chip they can detect.. will find out for sure in about 3 hours when i get home and try it.

10. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Can you tell us please??

Because Some people say that the protection maybe also detects patched backup games.

11. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

I will be home in about 40 minutes so i will let you know then

12. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Okeee tnx man.

I really want to know :)

13. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

Yeah, i use the SM disk and i wasnt even able to get into a game and a screen pop up saying i was caught cheating. That really sucks.

14. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

Hopefully this doesnt happen with other EA games

15. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

its not that big of a deal. just use you originals and you will do fine.

16. defacdc

defacdc Member

I still can't get online even when i use the original copy. I get error (-402). Does anyone know how i can get online. Im using a magic V 5k6 and i think i had it on sleep mode but im not sure if i did it correctly.

17. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

you have to turn off your chip to play it online. 402 means it was still on so try to put it sleep again.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  18. defacdc

defacdc Member

Yeah, i was reading the wrong instructions. I got it working now. Thanks