1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Spiderchip 1.1 install help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by klewis11, Feb 1, 2005.

1. klewis11

klewis11 Member

I just purchased a new spiderchip the supposely has the fixed washer with it. i installed this on a v1.6 box and followed every diagram and checked it twice when i power up the xbox with the chip off all is well if i power up with the chip on the blue led flashes and restarts 3 times then FRAGS. not sure where to start to check from what i could see everything is making contact. any help would be great as i am new to this TIA!!!

2. klewis11

klewis11 Member

anyone?

3. sniper2

sniper2 Member

Hey Klewis11 I was having the same problem if you go to
    http://www.spiderchip.com/ and go to where it says news it says you can remove one of the pogo pins, where it says please refere to the picture. The problem is that the back end of the chip doesnt align with the LPC it sticks up. If you have it in and press on the chip the spider bios will come up. Im still trying to figure out how to keep it down im trying electrical tape now, Ive seen corks before im still trying to find where I saw it at. Hope that helps a little.

4. portunato

portunato Member

Hi,
    I actually removed the pogo pin and I am using a cork about 3/4-1" long(you'll have to keep cutting a little at a time and test it). The cork does the job right, my chip doesn't frag anymore, however I think my chip did not come with a bios because when I fire up I get a solid red light and black screen. Did anyone have that same experience? I think you'll have to modify two washers thats not evenly flat, so that way the back side of the chip away from the screw can be placed lower. Although its going to be difficult to grind a small washer like that. Maybe putting solder on one end of the washer. Get the picture?

5. sniper2

sniper2 Member

I finally got mine to work, on there website it says that
    people were having problems so they sent everyone out
    a washer and screw, and showed how to remove one of the
    pins from under the chip. I also used the cork, which I cut till it fit under the dvd rom, as for the bios you have to use M8plus_16.bin. Sure was a pain to do but well worth it.