1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New standalone dvd player will not read my burnt DVD-R. please help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dyl04, Oct 15, 2004.

1. dyl04

dyl04 Member

I know this question is an old one, but I would really like to figure this out. I have a Marantz DV-6400 dvd player, and just recently got a dvd burner with my new computer system. I downloaded a dvd-r file using bittorrent, and the everything seemed fine. I burnt the DVD using Nero Smartstart, putting the vob, ifo, and bup files in the VIDEO-TS folder, and burning to a maxell dvd-r. I tested it on my computer's dvd reader and it worked absolutely fine. However, when I put it in the marantz player, it said there was a disc error and asked me to remove the disc. Did I do something wrong?? Please help me with this one. Thanks, Dyl

2. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

Sounds like the dvd player doesn`t like the brand of media you put in it,have you tried another brand?

3. aldav45

aldav45 Member

You should check BEFORE buying the player.
    anyhow. have a look here for your media
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia
    good luck.

oh and btw, we don't usually discuss piracy on this board.
    please only backup movies and software that you already own.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    1.4 Mhz AMD, 512 Mb RAM, 120 Gb HD,WinFast 2000 XP Expert Video Card, DVD X-Copy Platinum, TMPGEnc Plus, TMPGEnc DVD Author, DVD decrypter, DVD2One130, Cucusoft AVI to DVD, [/small]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  4. dyl04

dyl04 Member

thanks for the advice so far.. I have checked a website that says my marantz DV-6400 should read dvd-r discs with no problem, other people have said it works...

Biosgain, are you saying that a different company's dvd-r's might work instead?

aldav45, sorry about the post regarding downloading, I didn't realize, it won't happen again. Anywyas, any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks