1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Starcube loader optimal s3-gcsim settings?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by FunkeXMix, Dec 9, 2004.

1. FunkeXMix

FunkeXMix Guest

I have only tried with metroid echoes, maxspeed = 20, 21 and 24 i tried, have'nt had time for the rest. Of those 20 is best.

Did anyone else find a better setting then 20?

This latest release is a great improvement, but i thought the result was a bit weird with metroid prime echoes. It flows nicely, but during that nice flow the sounds don't, they stutter and have a annoying high pitched noise.
    Did anyone play without messed up sounds?

2. ProStyl3

ProStyl3 Member

I found that all games work better with different settings dragon ball z works best with 23 but some games loose packets if it's above 20. I believe the high pitched sound is from droped packets when the BBA floods.

3. FunkeXMix

FunkeXMix Guest

Games run great with this loader, but the messed up sound is a problem. Viewful Joe 2 works almost perfect, but the sound is unbearable.

Paper Mario runs 93% perfectly, sound and gameplay! It has those high pitched noices at times, but it's almost not worth mentioning.

It's a shame, such a excellent loader, with one minor but still big problem. The sound.

4. khaodyn

khaodyn Guest

Could someone PLEASE send me a link to where I can download StarCube. Much appreciated.

~K*

5. FunkeXMix

FunkeXMix Guest

Im sorry, there is nothing wrong with viewful joes 2 sound.