1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Starview Codes - Dublin

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by shinyhead, Jun 5, 2007.

1. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi,
    As most of us have N*L, sometimes the weather interferes with the signal, then ur SV box, would show no signal/station scrambled.
    sometimes this comes back to normal by its self. What i usually do is phone N*L and ask them is there a problem in my area and they
    usually say yes.

Sometimes stations do read scrambled for some reason and they come back on again in the evening, i find that my SV, only plays up during the day time, clicking and so on, but on certain stations.

2. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

it must be the weather cause there has been no code changes today...

3. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

sometimes a quick knock off at the back of box will give it a reboot !as CITYFAN said some channels dont come on untill later anyway..

4. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi,
    Has anyone got the new sv called THE BOX, i believe that it up dates its self, just like the euro vox box and that there is a limited edition for ireland at €150.00 inc P&P.......

Would that mean that we would'nt have to go searching for the codes every week ?..........

Sounds good .........

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes it will autoroll for now but thats what was said about all earlier boxes so you will have to wait and see.

6. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi, SCOUSER.

Do you know anyone that has the new sv THE BOX. As it is suppossed to be quicker at changing channels/better picture quality and so on.

I have my sv since march 07, i can get all the channels until they get scrambled, then i have to get the codes of friends put them in and i'am up and running again in a few mins.

Could you kindly tell me, why i would have to flash my sv box, as i have never done this before and it's a bit new to me. I have the GTRom exe.. and the sv bin file. At what time do you know when your box needs flashing or when do you have to flash your sv..

THANK'S.......

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

The new version of the box is not out yet but will be soon. This is only for C***** MMDS areas.

I do not have "The Box" I have a starview. I know the firmware is different for the box but you can still use the same GTloader. You flash it with a new version so it will autoroll. But as I have said I do not know if the box has a version capable of this. It is quite easy to update it. Ryan has some firmware for the box on the main Starview page.

If you need any more info just ask.

8. Gunzeh

Gunzeh Member

heyy thanks i tried that but it still doesnt work.could it be he bad weather? or is there another solution i cud try?

9. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

http://www.speedyshare.com/360169961.html

heres a link to v4 for the box its the latest firmware for the box.there will be a new firmware 4.5 out in saturday also.

10. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi, SCOUSER, RYANMG.

JUST WANT TO KNOW: HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOUR SV, NEEDS TO BE FLASHED, ie, WILL SOMETHING COME ONE THE SCREEN TO TELL YOU, OR
    IS IT WHEN YOU CA'NT GET CHANNELS...............

11. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

codes havnt changed today. u may need to do a full auto rescan.
    goto http://eko.4shared.com/
    for full tutorial !

12. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

you don't have to flash.and your box won't tell you.its just updating to whats the latest.when you flash with the latest firmware there do be new features and stuff.

13. Gunzeh

Gunzeh Member

thanks I'l try that,aso i have the old starview box so is that a bad thing?

14. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

i have an old starview its kind of bad because there is supposed to be no more updates but once i can see some channels i am not paying for i don't care.

15. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

JUST SOME info : SETANTA are showing a lot of the PREM PLUS this season............

16. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

gen 1 or gen 2 shouldnt be much difference ! 'the box' only has different firmware, same deal really.. !

17. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi, MAINMN.

Just been looking on SV THE BOX website.It states that the new box has upgraded EPG, No freezing, works in ireland,Automatically updates keys, 12 months warranty,Improved components, Faster processor,Faster channel change.

I'am going to order one, for the craic and see how it is. It is still cheaper than N*L and it pays for itsself after a couple of months.............

18. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Hi, All....

JUST TRIED TO FLASH MY SV....... KEEP GETTING A MSG FROM WINDOWS, SAYING CANT OPEN BIN FILE IN SERIAL PORT........CAN ANY ONE HELP ME...

19. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

hi mate, are u sure u are using a 'null modem cable' ?

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Damn should not have showed you how to put up images, :)