1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Super Mario crashes after playing for a bit

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Domomonkey, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Domomonkey

Domomonkey Member

So to get things in order..

Wii is 4.3u softmodded and Neogamma R9 56 installed, I have used it both via install with Wad Manager and Homebrew channel.

The backup of NSMB is properly patched, I confirmed that with a Hex editor and checking the main.dol file.

The game loads up fine, I didn't encounter any of the errors many people have. I can even start the game fine. After playing for a while the game will give the black screen and the error message telling me I need to reboot my system. I saw it once when I let the game loop on the menu for a while and starting it past the first cutscene with everyone being shot out of a cannon. I shut everything down and reloaded a save. Was able to play the whole first level fine, moved on to the second, and then part way through that the game crashed to the error screen again.

I am playing it via DVD, not USB drive.

Is this a known issue? I have only seen reports of people being unable to load the game at all, not being able to load, play, and then crash.

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

this happened to me after getting so far it would error out at the same place everytime ( cant remember where as it was a year ago) anyway searched about and someone suggested making some changes within the hex script, that didnt work so i got another copy which was an american version and hey presto all was fine. probably an easier way of doing it but i couldn't suss it