1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW SWAP MAGIC DISCS RELEASED TODAY!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Liam1080, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Liam1080

Liam1080 Guest

Hi everyone!!

Swap magic v 3.3 was released today i found this out when i placed an order for the v 3.2 and i got this email:

"Sorry the product you ordered was replaced by a newer version , we have stopped selling it because new version play most games yet! http://www.modchip.ca/store/customer/product.php?productid=16195&cat=269&page=1 your order has been canceled feel free to reorder."

So im getting the v 3.3!!!

Check them out:

https://www.modchip.ca/store/customer/product.php?productid=16196&cat=269&page=1

Just thought i'd let ya all know,

Liam

2. Liam1080

Liam1080 Guest

*bump*

3. NEONADAM

NEONADAM Member

ive just bought the 3.2 yesterday (what a bastard)

4. RVC

RVC Member

That will work with any Games? I'm kind a new in this thing. Let me know.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  5. Liam1080

Liam1080 Guest

lol i dunno how much of a difference there is between 3.2 and 3.3 ive never used either but i order the discs because i got the new pstwo and i want to use the tape mod.

Liam

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It would be cool if they came out with the Dvd V3 disc also,but yeah I seen where it was on preorder awhile ago.I didn't want to say anything about it,since it wasn't out when I seen it.It is suppose to work for the PStwo systems,and the SCPH-50001 systems better.They made the Swap Magic V3.3 Cd better for systems that have alot of problems reading the disc.The package gives you the Dvd V2.0 and the Cd V3.3 not really very great news to hear for Swap Magic users,but a little improvement for newer systems that have alot of problems reading the discs is all.

7. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

actually the set includes Swap Magic CD Version 3.3 and Swap Magic DVD Version 3.3

Here is the info gotten off of http://www.ps2ownz.com/:

Last night in a conference with the Swap Magic Team we received some updated NEWS to share on the new Swap Magic 3.3 discs. They are now in production, and samples are shipping to Team PS2Ownz for review this week! Similar to their predecessors, the Swap Magic 3.3 discs will be available in ALL regions (USA, PAL, and JAP) over the next week or so.

Included in the Swap Magic 3.3 set is support for MORE games, and unlike the 3.2 disc set (which included 3.2 CD & 2.0 DVD) the new Swap Magic 3.3 consists of BOTH an updated 3.3 CD and 3.3 DVD disc- both supporting PS2 v9+ machines and the new PSTwo slimline consoles. Below you can find a capture of the 3.3 DVD Version splash screen, and keep an eye on www.Linker4U.com this coming week for further updates on it as well as right here. Cheers!

[​IMG]

Any more people going to get the new swap magic disks??

EDIT: Like my new sig picture?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  8. shifted90

shifted90 Member

Thanks a bunch for the information. I was a little hesitant about buying the new slim PS2, but I will definitely buy it knowing that my PS2 games will be safe from my little devilish cousins -_-....

Well, thanks again!

9. Liam1080

Liam1080 Guest

i pre-orderd mine on the 9th so i should be getting them soon i hope lol thanks again for the extra info!

Liam

10. shifted90

shifted90 Member

Where's a good place to order the new 3.3 version of the Swap Magic(other than Modchips.ca)? Links?

Sean

11. clinkeroo

clinkeroo Member

Another 3.3 question: Since the v12 appears to be a flip top without any modification, will it still require a modified flip top or a slide card? Thanks.

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

come on clinkeroo, just do a search on pstwo, you will find your answer.

13. shinji2k3

shinji2k3 Member

$10 for shipping when the damn thing cost $30 already? Nah, Ill just go buy SM 3.2CD and 2.0 DVD since that saves me $20.

All I have to do is use CDLoader between the 2 to get shit running right?

14. Mr_Shrimp

Mr_Shrimp Member

15. soneman

soneman Member

Does anyone know the maximum TOC of both the swap magic 3.3 CD & DVD? Theres no point in releasing a new version if the TOC hasn't been extended from v3.2/v3.0.

16. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the toc is the same as the other versions.

17. lisamw

lisamw Member

shinji2k3 I just ordered my swap magic 3.3 and flip top for v9/v10 for $40USD no shipping and no tax at www.consolesource.com and it ships in 5-7 days

18. trgrpullr

trgrpullr Regular member

shinji2k3
    lisamw
    ummm, not to be a pain, but FWIW $40 w/ free shipping is the same as $30 + $10 shipping. That said, please let us know how your new SMD's work when you get them. Thanks

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  19. AussieZan

AussieZan Member

@Mr_Shrimp

I live in Aus too and I've order SM from http://www.coolpc.com.au/catalog/. If you look at the news page they are stocking v3.3. And its like $7 or so cheaper then Quantronics.