1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TMNT backup not playing, Need Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ksburner, Mar 21, 2007.

1. ksburner

ksburner Member

I have burnt the new TMNT game twice now and it does the same thing. Everytime I load the backup with magic swap 3.6 it says it is loading and then seems to freeze and never leaves the loading screen. I have tried to use zoneloader and DVDloader, neither works. I burnt the game on verbatim DVD+R 8x, I used DVD decrypter to rip and burn the .iso file. I have never had problem like this before. Please help

2. platsypus

platsypus Member

Use the shrinker plug-in included in gnie's expert 2. It should be around 1.29GB. Don't worry that's normal.

3. alexperez

alexperez Guest

hi guys, I dont think this is a shrinker issue, I have fifa and had to patch the DNAS to play the game, my TMNT doesnt work either so do i need to patch this or shrink this?can anyone confirm?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

"I have fifa and had to patch the DNAS to play the game"
    That is only for online play, it has nothing to do with a game working or not. So that is not your problem.
    my suggesting is the old swap magic stand by, try rebuilding the ISO and see if that works.

5. alexperez

alexperez Guest

whats the old swap magic stanby, I have tried rebuilding the iso, will usingthis shrink tool work you think?

6. ksburner

ksburner Member

Will one of you tell me exactly how to either rebuild the .iso file or use the shrink on TMNT. As detailed as possible please.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

the old standby was rebuilding the ISO. If you have done that and it still will not work it could be any number of things
    1. the media you used
    2. the speed you burned it
    3. the program you burned it with
    and so on.

there are two tutorials on this page for rebuilding, or you can just go find a program called Gnie Expert that will rebuild it for you.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~moderator/id4.html

8. neptune

neptune Regular member

TMNT is it in pal form ? i have tried backing up this game 3 times and it wont work.rebuilt it patched it etc.try searching for the ntsc version that just came out ......

9. alexperez

alexperez Guest

I rebuilt this game with the toll mentioned above and it works fine!!

10. ksburner

ksburner Member

I found that if you follow these directions (you do not have to delete the dummy files, but can if you like) the game plays just fine. These directions assume you have downloaded gnie's expert tool. It will shrink the game down to about 1.3 Gb and at the same time rebuild the .iso and now it works fine for me. You will have to google for gnie's because I can't remember where I downloaded it from

http://www.ps2hd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7246

11. ksburner

ksburner Member

I also wanted to know if there is any way to find out which games you have to rebuild and shrink or if I have to find out by trial and error all the time.

12. steimy

steimy Active member

swapmagicfix.xom may give you some of them. If it is on the site i would rebuild it just in case. With the edition of Gnie Expert it makes it so easy you could really just start rebuilding them all and not worry about wasted discs. Yet another set back of Swap Magic.
    (a back in the old days story, LOL)
    when i had Swap Magic everything had to be manually rebuilt and the only way to know is to search these forums for the game name hoping to find threads about it. Then you would know it had to be rebuilt or patched. Other than that you burned it and wasted discs trying to figure it out. That is why my next system i bought premodded with a good chip, now i do not have to do anything to any game.

13. neptune

neptune Regular member

was the game in pal form ????????????????

14. ksburner

ksburner Member

From what I read so don't quote me but whether it is PAL or NTSC is determined by what region you are from. So if you are from the U.S., you should be getting NTSC games, if from somewhere else, I can't remember where, but they have PAL games. Somebody back me up on this.

15. neptune

neptune Regular member

yes i know that lol. but you can patch pal games to play on your ntsc machine with a patcher or switching video mode with swap magic.and a mod chip will play either pal or ntsc :) just this game tmnt in pal patched or switched with video mode with swap did not work for me .

16. neptune

neptune Regular member

yes i know that lol. but you can patch pal games to play on your ntsc machine with a patcher or switching video mode with swap magic.and a mod chip will play either pal or ntsc :) just this game tmnt in pal patched or switched with video mode with swap did not work for me .

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/482968#2917981

17. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Unfortunately patching or forcing the video does not work 100% perfectly (or at all). There is a NTSC release now, so you may want to look into that neptune. :)

18. ksburner

ksburner Member

I apologize if you were asking which version I have it is the NTSC version. It was released last tuesday. I don't know how to change or patch NTSC into PAL but I have seen plenty of threads with instructions to do so just haven't had that problem so didn't look into it to much.

19. rosco1712

rosco1712 Member

I tried rebuilding the normal way and it didn't work, so I used Gnie Shrink tool, now the game works fine.
    Thanks for advice

20. neptune

neptune Regular member

i also rebuilt with gnies tool and worked fine for the ntsc version.but stay away from the pal version its junk ...