1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to 360 and mods

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by johnbytko, Jul 23, 2011.

1. johnbytko

johnbytko Member

hello all. im new to the forum and have some questions. ive always been a ps guy and recently bought a 360 from a friend of mine. i got a good deal and couldnt pass it up. since i got it, ive been reading about flashing the xbox and came across this video. i dunno how to embed so ill post a link. anyways, is this legit? if so, whats on the flash drive? the vid was posted a few weeks ago, but he hasnt done a follow up with the details of whats on the usb drive. seems too good to be true, but i have my fingers crossed! my apologies if this has been posted, i just found this site an hour ago. thanks in advance......

*edit*
    i cant post a link or embed (bc im new), but eebeejay posted the link(5th post)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. johnbytko

johnbytko Member

*edit*
    5th post has the link. thanks eebeejay!!

3. johnbytko

johnbytko Member

*edit*
    5th post has the link. thanks eebeejay!!

4. johnbytko

johnbytko Member

this is what he put in the description if you dont wanna watch the vid....

This is a recent hack made by me, it allows you to play a Xbox 360 backup (burned disk) without having to open your Xbox and voiding its warranty.

How does this work?
    When you plug in the USB you can activate it by viewing the files saved into it and holding the Start button to activate. Basically a file is placed inside the save files which allows you to play burned disks without modifying your Xbox. Once activated you need to leave the USB plugged in or it wont work, once replugged in after activated it will automatically activate again unless you reset the console. The hack commands the Xbox to skip media checks by giving it fake results, then it forces the system to reread the disk even if it was already read. It rereads until it reads the disk type.

5. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

6. johnbytko

johnbytko Member

thanks. i understand the rule helps prevent spammers, but sucks when ur not trying to spam. thanks again. any clue if the video is legit?

7. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

I don't think so. But wait for jpizzle, modking, bhetrick, an the like to chime in.

8. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

It's fake. Even if you click on his link, you can't even download the file without a signup which cost money. All he did was flash his drive, and put a flash drive in his xbox before booting a game. He claims he has a team? Must be a good team that has no clue how to even shoot a video.

9. johnbytko

johnbytko Member

i thought it was too good to be true. so theres no way to play copied games without opening the xbox? i was afraid of that.

10. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Correct. They are easy to open. Takes me 30 seconds

11. johnbytko

johnbytko Member

how often do you have to "reflash" the xbox? like, does the firmware get outdated often?

12. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Lately quite a bit. 3 or more times a year.