1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to 360 modding

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jesspren6, Dec 17, 2007.

1. jesspren6

jesspren6 Member

I'm pretty new to x360 modding, but I have softmodded my original xbox. I was wondering how easy it is to mess up and make the 360 useless when flashing the drive. The reason I am asking is because with the original xbox, it's almost impossible to mess up completely. I messed up once, but all I had to do was hook up the hdd to my pc and unlock it, then put the original files on it and made it usable to mod it again. I was basically just wondering how easy it is to brick the x360 beyond repair.

2. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

it's not like Xbox for sure, you can totally F it up easily and so you gotta know what you're doing. Search xboxmods.net tutorials and look at the videos and see if you think you can do it. If you can't like me, just pay a business (not a stranger on a message board) to do it for $50, google it. If you have the Hitachi 0079 drive, it involves soldering so you REALLY gotta know what you're doing.

3. jesspren6

jesspren6 Member

I searched and apparently there is no xboxmods.net

4. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Just google it yourself and find the info yourself instead of wanting to be spoon fed like a lot of people want. Search through the threads here.

5. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

www.360mods.net has a wealth of info, study that site and the forums. Not to be a jerk, but you gotta read and learn this yourself, like we all did. Or just do what I did, and paid someone $50 for it.